Thread: 2014 4Runner limited

Default 2014 4Runner limited

Kevin/any other knowledgable yota guru

We just recently picked up the 4Runner limited. Reason for the limited was the all time awd/4wd and features inside. What I didn’t realize at the time was the suspension aspects. Apparently this has a system called XREAS on it. Pretty neat feature if all you do is drive on the roads but I plan on doing alittle off road. Has anybody ever pulled the xreas out? I don’t think it should be too terrible as there are check valves not to far from where the lines run into the struts. Just don’t want to make too big of a mess. Plan is to put dobinsons 2.5” in the front and 1.5” in the rear to lift it up alittle. May do a trd/sr5 bumper conversions as well. Everything on the xreas is mechanical so it shouldnt throw a code or mess with anything electrical.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

I’m pretty sure you’re shit out of luck. Several systems like ABS etc monitors xreas. That’s why there is nothing available as far as lifting goes for that model.

I may be wrong.

Even if I am, it wouldn’t be worth the coin to “delete” it.
    Last edited by KRT; 08-12-2021 at 08:34 PM.
    More fuel = more boost!!

What you wanna sell it for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

I put the same lift on my wife’s 2016 limited and didn’t have any problems. Anything bigger will be a mess. Be sure to disconnect the abs wires and get them out the way, any kind of tension on them will break the wires inside. I broke both on my wife’s car.

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    I’m pretty sure you’re shit out of luck. Several systems like ABS etc monitors xreas. That’s why there is nothing available as far as lifting goes for that model.

I may be wrong.

Even if I am, it wouldn’t be worth the coin to “delete” it.
    Well damn. I thought for sure I read the XREAS was a mechanical system. Pressure driven piston system running from tire to tire. They make “leveling kits” for them, spacers, but I’d rather go full suspension. I may join T4R and read alittle more into it.

27CF320A-7CDC-46B0-990C-22F5EF35BD9D.jpeg
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

Quote Originally Posted by Edisto life View Post
    I put the same lift on my wife’s 2016 limited and didn’t have any problems. Anything bigger will be a mess. Be sure to disconnect the abs wires and get them out the way, any kind of tension on them will break the wires inside. I broke both on my wife’s car.
    Did you use the dobinsons or a spacer? I see where the dobinsons would delete the xreas since it uses an entire strut assembly. I don’t want to run anything bigger than a 3” as that would start getting into replacing the UCA and binding the cv’s without dropping them
    R. Not

Had an 08 with the XREAS on 33s liked it but hated the system and its expensive to repair if anything goes wrong. Now the wife has an 2018 SR5 with the 2.5" and 1.5" on 33s loves it and rides great and still decent gas millage.
    If You Bait them They Will Come!

Precisely why we went with the SR5 Premium vs the Limited.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

I used procomp spacers.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Precisely why we went with the SR5 Premium vs the Limited.....
    We were up in the air as well but found a good deal on it. But after watching plenty of videos on it and visiting 4Runner forums , it doesn’t look like it’s going to be too bad of a deal to pull out. Once you get it out, the rest is just like any other 4R suspension except for the KDSS systems (I believe it’s the pro or trail versions). And the good thing is there isn’t anything electrical involved so hope for the best. Suspension is on order. Next is figuring out the right tire/rim combo. These 20’s are terrible.
    Last edited by M.R.Ducks; 08-13-2021 at 01:30 PM.
    R. Not

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCutEmAll_SC View Post
    Had an 08 with the XREAS on 33s liked it but hated the system and its expensive to repair if anything goes wrong. Now the wife has an 2018 SR5 with the 2.5" and 1.5" on 33s loves it and rides great and still decent gas millage.
    Do you have any rubbing issues with the 33’s? I’ve seen a lot of guys having to do fender liner mods. Pull of the mud flaps and some even do the body chop mount. But it also depends on the offset of the wheel or if you run spacers. There isn’t a lot of options in the 275/70r17 range (I think that’s 32’s) but there is plenty of choices in the 285/70r17 range.
    R. Not

Wife has a 2015 SR5. We put 3” under it and a set of 285/70/17 bfg ko2’s. No rubbing issues anywhere, even with the mudflaps still on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

I have a set of like new n fab bars, and a set of like new factory running boards for a 5th gen 4Runner I’ll sell cheap.