Thread: Petition to Ban Interstate Transportation of Wild Game

Default Petition to Ban Interstate Transportation of Wild Game

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pe...?ocid=msedgntp

Making that annual out-of-state family hunting trip to the old homestead could change dramatically if two environmental groups get their way. The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and the Secretary of the Interior have been petitioned by two environmental groups seeking to ban all interstate transport of wild mammals and almost all birds, warns the U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance. That includes all parts—such as meat, hides, and antlers—even if they've been properly processed by a butcher or taxidermist to comply with current CWD transportation laws.

This means your annual deer or elk hunt with family and friends may not result in a cooler full of venison crossing state lines to fill your freezers at home. And that record buck won’t be going on your wall if you shot it in a state where you don't reside.

The Center for Biological Diversity and the Natural Resources Defense Council are leveraging fear of COVID-19 to push forth their anti-hunting agenda with the petition, which explains that "pandemics caused by zoonoses—infectious diseases that jump from animals to people—are entirely preventable."

“We’ve said for years that the next iteration of an African import ban would be banning of game across state lines within the U.S.,” says Sportsmen's Alliance vice president Brian Lynn. “And now here it is. By ending the transport of meat, hides, horns, feathers and such, much of the incentive for out-of-state hunting is removed. This is bad, and will have an impact on state license sales, revenue, Pittman-Robertson dollars and, ultimately, conservation. It will impact wild lands and the very wildlife these groups purport to want to protect."

Ironically, the Center for Biological Diversity and Natural Resources Defense Council admit in the petition that their plan will not work without complimentary funding to foreign countries, as well as the U.S., to replace the lost revenues and markets. They even go so far as to suggest that U.S. conservation funding, largely paid for by hunters, be used to transition those people around the world to new markets and to fund conservation efforts overseas.U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance

“What CBD and NRDC don’t tell you is that these bans will cripple rural Africa, destroy decades of conservation work in range countries, will result in the loss of biodiversity when fertile habitat is turned into crop fields or pasture for livestock because wildlife will no longer have value,” Bruce Tague, vice president of government affairs at Sportsmen’s Alliance, said in the organization's release.

Unlike state or federal legislation, which is subject to debate and vote, the petition asks the Secretary of the Interior, Deb Haaland, and the head of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Martha Williams, to use their authority under the Lacey Act, Endangered Species Act, and Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species to move the petition forward.

“The North American Model of Wildlife Conservation has a 100-year track record of success of returning game species from the brink of extinction, and [these extremist groups are] going to dismantle and destroy it," says Lynn.

It remains unclear whether the DOI officials are receptive to the petition.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

“Who cares if it doesn’t make sense? It makes us feel better, and that’s what really counts.” - Every liberal

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Petition to ban interstate transportation of yankees and liberals
    1.J Williams
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Quote Originally Posted by jwilliams View Post
    1.J Williams
    2. Me

Quote Originally Posted by jwilliams View Post
    1.J Williams
    You know they're bad when the Yankees that live here in Edisto bitch about the Yankee tourist that come here for vacation.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

But why not? Just in case you are wrong? It theoretically could hurt the thing that we love the most, right? Is it really worth the risk of bringing the meat of a Berkeley County deer or duck into Charleston County? Why not just eat plant based meat if you are so hungry?

Ima guess DNR officers jobs nationwide will get much busier, due to all the folks that become outlaws
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

Although this was not inter-state transportation it was transporting wild animals on the interstate. After a weekend spent killing stuff on a plantation in Awendaw I was given the task of dropping off all of the pigs and deer at the processor. There were so many, all we could do was stand them up with their backs on the bed of the truck and their hooves in the air. Some were cleaned and just cut off legs in the air and some we killed that morning. The poor truck was riding low with the weight and the bed looked like a bloody porcupine's back with all of the hooves. I hit the interstate that sunday morning and let it ride. Somewhere I have a picture of the truck. A lot of stares at me.

We also donated what would not fit in the truck to the neighborhood drop off spot which was a picnic table at the road under a large live oak. Seems like we dropped off 10 pigs or so.

I guess i'll quit buying a license then. If Im gonna be a renegade, might as well do it all the way and not half ass it.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    I guess i'll quit buying a license then. If Im gonna be a renegade, might as well do it all the way and not half ass it.
    HAHAHAHA. That was my first thought. "Well I guess I'll save $500 a year on Missouri deer and turkey tags"

You people are both unsavory and scandalous...

Quote Originally Posted by Big Time View Post
    Although this was not inter-state transportation it was transporting wild animals on the interstate. After a weekend spent killing stuff on a plantation in Awendaw I was given the task of dropping off all of the pigs and deer at the processor. There were so many, all we could do was stand them up with their backs on the bed of the truck and their hooves in the air. Some were cleaned and just cut off legs in the air and some we killed that morning. The poor truck was riding low with the weight and the bed looked like a bloody porcupine's back with all of the hooves. I hit the interstate that sunday morning and let it ride. Somewhere I have a picture of the truck. A lot of stares at me.

We also donated what would not fit in the truck to the neighborhood drop off spot which was a picnic table at the road under a large live oak. Seems like we dropped off 10 pigs or so.
    Which plantation in Awendaw was this?
    Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Mobetter View Post
    that was my thought too, wasnt there an oak tree or something where you dropped off the game? I seem to recall a certain bridge that got a big ol bo hog late one night lol
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

I don’t mind breaking the law.

The creek below the bridge on 2th's street used to mysteriously start smelling odd a couple days after August 15...

They should require birds to get passports if they want to cross state lines.

Fairlawn or as we in forestry called it “Unfairlawn” when it was time to cruise the timber through the water and mosquitos. But good times never the less.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Time View Post

Never mind! I just remembered who Big Time was.
    Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff