Thread: 1883 (Yellowstone) stars Sam Elliott

Default 1883 (Yellowstone) stars Sam Elliott

Taylor Sheridan’s ‘Yellowstone’ Prequel ‘1883’ To Star Sam Elliott, Tim McGraw, Faith Hill

Mike Fleming Jr
    August 4, 2021

Paramount+ and MTV Entertainment Studios have set Sam Elliott to star with Tim McGraw and Faith Hill in 1883, the Taylor Sheridan-created prequel to the network’s signature hit drama Yellowstone. 101 Studios and Bosque Ranch Productions will serve as production partners on the series. The trio seems just about perfect for a continuation of the saga.

1883 follows the Dutton family as they embark on a journey west through the Great Plains toward the last bastion of untamed America. It is a stark retelling of Western expansion, and an intense study of one family fleeing poverty to seek a better future in America’s promised land — Montana. Elliott is set to play Shea Brennan, a tough-as-nails, handsome cowboy with immense sadness in his past. He has the herculean task of guiding a group from Texas to Montana, and he does not suffer fools. McGraw and Hill will portray James and Margaret Dutton, the respective patriarch and matriarch of the Dutton family. Additional cast to be announced.

“It all starts with the writing, and Taylor Sheridan is a brilliant writer,” said Elliott. “I think the western genre speaks clearly to both of us. The classic struggles of man against man, man against nature and man against himself. It’s all there, in 1883, and I’m honored to be a part of it.”

Said McGraw: “This is truly a dream job. Taylor has found a way of storytelling that brilliantly creates these epic dramas and family sagas with so much depth and creativity. The Duttons are tremendous characters, and it’s so thrilling to be able to bring them to life. As a kid growing up riding horses, you think about dream jobs like this, and I am just so excited to work with this amazing cast and crew.”

Added Hill: “This is the opportunity of a lifetime. The Duttons are a formidable family, and it is an absolute dream to bring such a strong female character like Margaret Dutton to life. I am humbled and honored to work with Taylor and his entire team.”

Said Chris McCarthy, President/CEO, MTV Entertainment Group: “Yellowstone is a massive hit show with tens of millions of fans – with 1883, we are taking those fans back to the origin story, and in the process, turning the Yellowstone world into a global hit franchise to fuel the growth of Paramount+. We are thrilled to have Sam, Tim and Faith as the stars of Taylor Sheridan’s new series exclusively for Paramount+ around the world.”

David Glasser, CEO of 101 Studios, said: “We are thrilled to have Academy Award nominee and acting legend Sam and hugely talented, award-winning artists Faith and Tim all join the Taylor Sheridan universe. Taylor’s proven his immense capability of creating captivating characters and immersive worlds and there’s no exception here with 1883 and Sam, Faith and Tim’s characters. We are looking forward to this further expansion of the world of Yellowstone and bringing it to audiences everywhere.”

Elliott received an Academy Award nomination and a National Board of Review Award for his performance in A Star Is Born. His numerous other film credits include The Big Lebowski, Tombstone, Road House and The Contender. On television, his credits include a Critics Choice Award-winning performance in Justified as well as Parks & Recreation, The Ranch and the upcoming MacGruber. He is also the golden-voiced voice of Coors, which Yellowstone viewers know as “yellow jackets,” which is the way the cowboys on the Dutton ranch order the beers at the bar.

McGraw is a Grammy-winning singer, author, and actor who has sold more than 80 million records worldwide and dominated the charts with 44 #1 singles. His previous acting credits include Friday Night Lights and the Academy Award nominated film The Blind Side.

Hill is a five-time Grammy-winning artist who has performed twice at both the Super Bowl and the Academy Awards, sold over 40 million albums globally, and celebrated multiple #1 singles worldwide across all formats. She most recently starred in Dixieland.

1883 will be executive produced by Taylor Sheridan, John Linson, Art Linson, David Glasser, Ron Burkle and Bob Yari.

As Deadline revealed recently, Yellowstone and the saga of the Dutton clan in contemporary times returns for Season 4 in November.

Elliott is repped by Gersh and Berwick & Kovacik; McGraw and Hill are repped by CAA and Jackoway Austen Tyerman.

https://deadline.com/2021/08/taylor-...234809265/amp/

Faith and Tim still on their anti-gun liberal kick?
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Yeah you lost me Tim McGraw and Faith Hill
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Not familiar with their politics, but familiar with where they live and Brentwood/Nashville will ruin even the reddest of conservatives. Something in the water, apparently.

As far as the movie, i won't let a couple of fruitbags ruin one of the few modern westerns. Can't wait for this to come out.
    Last edited by everlast; 08-05-2021 at 07:56 AM.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

I'm not watching shit with tim mcgraw in it

Quote Originally Posted by everlast View Post
    Not familiar with their politics, but familiar with where they live and Brentwood/Nashville will ruin even the reddest of conservatives. Something in the water, apparently.

As far as the movie, i won't let a couple of fruitbags ruin one of the few modern westerns. Can't wait for this to come out.
    You already proved your sub-par taste in westerns by saying the new True Grit is better than the original
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Not only are they both liberal pieces of shit, they aren't worth a fuck at acting either.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Not only are they both liberal pieces of shit, they aren't worth a fuck at acting either.....
    DUDE! Tim is a modern day Billy Ray Cyrus on the big screen!
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by ReelHard View Post
    I'm not watching shit with tim mcgraw in it
    A voice in the wilderness..TY
    At least I'm housebroken.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    You already proved your sub-par taste in westerns by saying the new True Grit is better than the original
    NO, he didnt? christ on a cracker the second one sucked hard

They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, viewers preferred the new True Grit over the old one, every time.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by everlast View Post
    They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, viewers preferred the new True Grit over the old one, every time.
    They must’ve been interviewing viewers that have a man bun and drive a Prius
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Ha. definitely some Nashville residents in their polling audience.
    -Samuel Adams

definitely and probably took the survey at a starbucks

Hard pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Faith and Tim still on their anti-gun liberal kick?
    Elliott is right there with them, too. Screw ‘em all.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'