Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: I Bought a Bow

Quote Originally Posted by YoungBuckTX View Post
    I'm also kind of new to the bowhunting world... someone post up a simple BH tune video. I bought slick tricks but haven't shot them yet.
    Last season I killed 4 deer and lost 1 (back, limb deflection) with Swacker 2" on 450grn arrow.
    I prefer bareshaft tuning to check my tune. If your field points are grouping at 20yards take a couple arrows and strip the vanes off. Shoot them and if they don’t hit where the other arrows did then you need some adjustment in your rest. Do that out to 30-40 yards. As long as there is not a cam timing issue then your broadheads will hit with your field points.

Also if you have a couple fliers out of a dozen turn the knock 90 degrees at a time and they usually will come back in. That comes from the spine of the arrow not being aligned properly.
    https://argalioutdoors.com/advice/br...t-tune-any-bow

I miss stripa swipa

and I dont practice.
    or tune
    and I still hit the bullseye with my q2
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Get you a fixed blade Muzzy and never worry again.Fuck that mechanical bullshit.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    Get you a fixed blade Muzzy and never worry again.Fuck that mechanical bullshit.
    Well, I will be damned. First thing in a long time you post something I agree with.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Gut_Pile View Post
    Salty, when those groups start opening up, stop shooting. People get tired quick and lose concentration quick. When you see things not going right, put the bow down and come back later or the next day.

Don't develop bad habits by shooting when you're tired
    Or just buy a crossbow, move the corn pile to 30 yards, continue having a drink in the stand and kill said wood goats.

He ain't wrong you know. @Britton
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

I ordered some Muzzy and Slick Trick Magnums. We'll see how they shoot and go from there.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Just make sure they’re sharp and you’ll be fine with either.

Get a "Stay Sharpe Jig". Keeping those things sharpe is super easy with it.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

If you can shoot a Softball size group at 25 yards an know how to scout and place a lock on is like shooting #6 lead shot an knowing how to call a turkey , the rest just works out .

Shooting close range SC whitetails and hog feeding acorns ot corn is a different ball game than chasing bucks, antelope, mule deer and elk. In SC you can try to cut them in half circling around food. Chuck Adams was a fan of the frontal shot, Fred Bear liked a rump shoot. Now your ability and your equipment. I will never past on a frontal shot again on a WT I want to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    I ordered some Muzzy and Slick Trick Magnums. We'll see how they shoot and go from there.
    Good choice but.....Slick trick magnums> muzzys....

Step off 20 steps from the side of the house and put down a pie plate...., go upstairs and open a window.....shoot pie plate twice.....go hunting

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk