Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My old man has passed away

Default My old man has passed away

My dad passed away this evening. After surviving being electrocuted when he was 17 years old and only given 3 days to live, he beat the odds and had a good life. There wasn't a single day that he wasn't in pain but rarely did he complain. he broke his back a few times, had 4 or 5 heart attacks, had his thymus removed, pacemaker installed, lost an arm and most of his toes from the electrocution, had a tinge unit installed in his back for the pain, he was basically the $6million dollar man. He taught me how to tie my shoes with 1 hand, showed me that if you put your mind to it that anything is possible. I saw him do things with 1 arm that most people with 2 arms have trouble doing. He dealt with more set backs in his life than 20 people combined but he always kept a positive attitude. I had to call my kids who are in Virginia with my ex to tell them the news, that was the hardest phone call I have ever had to make. My daughter was upset that she didn't get to tell him goodbye, my son didn't say a word. I'm guessing he is in shock from it all and it will take time to process. Those kids were what kept him going. I miss him so much already but I know he isn't in pain anymore and is up there with all of the other family members who made the trip before he did. I love you dad and will do my best to make you proud every day. My kids wrapped him up in this bubble wrap stuff to keep.him from getting any more bumps or bruises. IMG_2612.jpg
    every expert was once a beginner

My condolences!
    Low country redneck who moved north

So sorry to hear man. Hang in there. Praying for your comfort

Praying for you and your family. Count your blessings he was a good father many don’t have that.

Sorry to hear about your dad. Prayers sent to you and the family.

Hope that day for me never comes but it will for us all. My condolences to you and your family. And may god bring you peace like only he can.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

So sorry for your loss. Praying that you all have strength and peace in this trying time.

Very sorry to hear this! Sounds like he had a family that loved him very much
    My condolences buddy

I am sorry for your loss. He is in much better hands now, and obviously was a great Father and Role Model for your and his Grandkids. I'm praying for comfort for your family during your time of Grieving.

So sorry to hear this. I lost my mother in January and it has been the hardest thing I have ever dealt with. I wish I could tell you it gets easier but it doesn’t. Take the good with the bad and lean on the lessons that he taught you. He sounds like a fighter and no doubt gave you every ounce of that spirit! Keep you head up and keep moving forward! I will continue to pray for you and your family!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Prayers for you and your family so sorry for your lose

You have our prayers.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Prayers sent.

God speed sir and my condolences go out to you and yalls family.

Sorry for your loss, prayers for the family.

Sorry for your loss.

So sorry for your loss.

Praying for yall.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Prayers for you and your family.

Great story, other than the ending. Your dad has left a legacy and the world's a better place for him having been here. It's the most we can really hope for. Praying for God's comfort for you and your family.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.