Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Those in hunt clubs, how do you plant food plots?

Default Those in hunt clubs, how do you plant food plots?

Is it the same 3-4 guys that plant every year while the rest of the club never shows or or does show up at 10:00 and has to leave at 2:00? Or do you have a plan that works? How do you manage the labor for planting?

oh, umm asking for a friend?
    Last edited by Frank1; 08-02-2021 at 10:57 AM.

The reason I got out of clubs
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

lower your expectations
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

they already low, just wondering how other clubs do it.

-some have personal areas and plots

-others split costs and contract out (sometimes to the club members doing the work and or included in dues)
    I find this to be the most reasonable when members do not have personal hunting “zones”. Not everyone cares that much about them or are out of state and would rather pay a pro rata share to just have it done

All you can do is put forth the effort that you deem fit for the wildlife on your club. If only a few folks are like minded and willing to help, then so be it. Don’t be afraid of someone else benefiting from your hard work. If NO work is put in, then you nor the wildlife will benefit. We have 6,000 acres and 4 of us plant as much Chufa as we can afford. There are only about 10 turkey hunters but they all benefit from our sweat equity. However, so does my family. Just be sure to tell them “you’re welcome” each time you see them at the skinning shed. Corn has all but ruined hunting in most upstate clubs.

fuggit.
    i typed a bunch of stuff and deleted it.

good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by SCWOODROW View Post
    All you can do is put forth the effort that you deem fit for the wildlife on your club. If only a few folks are like minded and willing to help, then so be it. Don’t be afraid of someone else benefiting from your hard work. If NO work is put in, then you nor the wildlife will benefit. We have 6,000 acres and 4 of us plant as much Chufa as we can afford. There are only about 10 turkey hunters but they all benefit from our sweat equity. However, so does my family. Just be sure to tell them “you’re welcome” each time you see them at the skinning shed. Corn has all but ruined hunting in most upstate clubs.
    hey buddy. need any help planting chuffa?

I kid....

A hunting club is like any business or any other group - 20% of the people do 80% of the work. Only way to make it "fair" is to fine people for not meeting their work day requirements.

Have penalties for not showing up on workdays and enforce them.
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

I actually used a reverse system and it worked pretty good. I charged everyone a full price....say $1000 per person. I then gave a discount back to those that completed the big jobs. Some people just don't have time. Some people do.

I like that idea DJP

Have a set amount of workdays that all members must attend and charge $100 for each one they miss. My old club was 5 days per season or pay for the ones you missed.

Quote Originally Posted by SCHUNTINFANATIC View Post
    Have a set amount of workdays that all members must attend and charge $100 for each one they miss. My old club was 5 days per season or pay for the ones you missed.
    Before you are allowed to hunt on property.

Most clubs I've been a member of had a set amount of work days and if you missed them you were fined so much per day. Two of them had it in place that if you knew you were going to miss a day you could get up with the president and he could give you a
    "to do" list that you could do on your own time. That actually worked out well because a lot of people rather just get a list and do it themselves so they won't have to put up with BS from a crowd.

so, is this fine system equity or equality?

asking for a friend who would be stupid enough to join any club that had fines for doing something fun

I quit helping do work at my hunt club a few ago due to only a few people who would work. The ones that don’t help out any with the work are the ones who bring guests and put them in the best stands with the prettiest food plots. Now with corn legal, I find spots out of the way, bait them up, and hunt on the ground. No stand, no evidence letting anyone know where I hunt. They all acting like CSI agents when I show up at the skinning pole to clean one.

Hang your tag up on a stand in the vicinity of where you hunt but don’t let anyone know where you are. Park at other stands and walk to where you hunt. You got to keep it 100% clandestine.
    Last edited by Rabbitman09; 08-02-2021 at 04:05 PM.

What Woodrow said, and if your expectations are already low, when you get to the ridiculous level you will have it nailed.

Never been in a club where stands were shared on a first come first served basis.

We have scheduled work days and you must attend 3 or its $100 per day you miss. You can go up on other days and do other work
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?