Thread: Southern Coastal

Default Southern Coastal

I thought i was done killing gators but my brother n law wants to kill one. He just put in and didnt pay attention to where he was putting in. I only ever put in for middle coastal and midlands because that is the area i know. I have been looking at the maps of Southern Coastal. I know nothing of these areas. Never been on any of the rivers. If you were going after a gator down there where would you go? Ashepoo, Combahee ? I am not trying to cyber scout a gator. I just dont want to be driving all over down there. Just whatever river gives me the best chance of seeing some gators.
    Last edited by Rem11-87; 07-12-2021 at 02:07 PM.

There's a lot of federal property down there that's not clearly marked, and they do not allow hunting gators on federal property. All I am going to say is, be very careful who you ask to go with you to act as a local "guide".
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Steel Bridge, go up river

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonWagner View Post
    Steel Bridge, go up river
    This. Is the edisto a part of the southern coastal?

You can hunt the Edisto river and any tributaries to the south, but can’t hunt up tributaries on the north side of the Edisto river. You can find a big gator on any of the ACE rivers but you may have to spend a lot of time looking. And the gators have gotten smarter. They go down and don’t come back up, or come back up a couple hundred yards away. Unless you get lucky, it may be a grind.

Quote Originally Posted by acebasinman View Post
    You can hunt the Edisto river and any tributaries to the south, but can’t hunt up tributaries on the north side of the Edisto river. You can find a big gator on any of the ACE rivers but you may have to spend a lot of time looking. And the gators have gotten smarter. They go down and don’t come back up, or come back up a couple hundred yards away. Unless you get lucky, it may be a grind.
    Go at low water during the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Tugted312 View Post
    Go at low water during the day.
    Yep, go upriver from the Hwy 17 steel bridge on the Combahee until you see a cluster of mansions on the right bank with red roofs- that's Cherokee plantation- start there and go upriver- I could have snagged a dozen July 4th while brimpin.
    Scout them out and gps mark them while bass fishing- go back and kill one.

As stated the Edisto is the dividing line, Combahee is much easier to navigate at low water.

The guy that manages Cherokee plantation use to post on here.

The flat next to Cherokee is a good place to look. There is a small ramp on a creek across the river from Cherokee, but I can’t remember the name of it.
    Last edited by BrandonWagner; 07-13-2021 at 01:48 PM.

Sugar hill. I took my boys bass fishing 2 saturdays ago out there and there was a nice one hanging out at the mouth of the canal between Cherokee and the bluff
    867-5309

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonWagner View Post
    The guy that manages Cherokee plantation use to post on here.

His name is Mike if I remember correctly. I bought something from him he had posted in the TP. Nice guy.
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    There's a lot of federal property down there that's not clearly marked, and they do not allow hunting gators on federal property. All I am going to say is, be very careful who you ask to go with you to act as a local "guide".
    No shit.
    Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff