Thread: Flail mower

Default Flail mower

Planning on buying a hydraulic offset ditch bank flail mower.
    Does anyone have any seat time using one?

I am looking for some pros and cons and which brands you have used.

I am looking at 6-7' flail mower as it will be used on couple different tractors from 40-50hp

My .02 a bush hog style deck cutter head will have less maintenance than a flail style head and you can cut slightly larger material…I don’t have any experience with a flail style head however. All my hours are on a knuckle boom style where it attached to the belly of the tractor
    When in doubt, shoot him again!

Work like it's all up to me, but pray, like it's all up to him!

The flail chains if I’m not mistaken have to be sharpened quite frequently to insure a good cut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

You might need wheel weights for the offside to prevent tip over- most are run on bigger- heavier tractors and lots of them still use wheel weights