Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Older and fewer ducks this Fall.

Quote Originally Posted by BRR View Post
    Probably be the best season in years....everytime they report bad numbers, the birds are thick....
    It really would be hard to find examples of a more celebrated but equally worthless output of information in the hunting world...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    It really would be hard to find examples of a more celebrated but equally worthless output of information in the hunting world...
    I remember 2010 when the gov't brain trust created feed and rest areas to short stop ducks from migrating through to the Gulf marsh due to the Horizon BP accident. I think AR and MO might have been dry the Fall of 10-11 too. I have video of 1000's and 1000's of ducks in our marsh that year. SC got a BIG snow Jan 2011. My brother flew to N.O. and I took him to camp for his 50th birthday, it was some of the most ridiculous hunting I have ever seen. Unfortunately it has been steadily declining ever since.

High "duck counts" usually equate to perfect wet Springs and successful breeding, unfortunately it seems to correlate to mild winters and wet Fall / Winter creating perfect duck spots North of us in S. La.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

is this a thread about duck hunting?
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

Quote Originally Posted by drwilly View Post
    is this a thread about duck hunting?
    Yankees and Canadians don't know how to kill adult ducks so, yes.

Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.