Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UofSC just imposed mask mandate

Default UofSC just imposed mask mandate

"in the hopes of slowing the spread of Covid-19"

That's all you need to know.

How long before they announce this for all public schools in the state?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

They won’t but the teachers will “call out” in protest. And we’ll be back to Groundhog Day

As a 48 year old father of 2 boys that are entering 9th and 11th grades, please listen to me if you have younger kids. Do not enroll them in public schools. We’re touring Wardlaw next week. It gets harder to move them as they get older, but it’s absolutely on the table now, even at this stage.
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

In the exact same boat right now. We have an 11 year old too. He is going to Curtis. Wardlow would be a choice but distance is a factor.

Well it is U of SC. What would you expect.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    As a 48 year old father of 2 boys that are entering 9th and 11th grades, please listen to me if you have younger kids. Do not enroll them in public schools. We’re touring Wardlaw next week. It gets harder to move them as they get older, but it’s absolutely on the table now, even at this stage.
    They will love it Feets!! I turned out alright!! Maybe…

I thank the Lord all the time that when all of this happened we were in a position to pull our kids from public school. It's funny how things work out. We left the country and moved to Summerville...chasing "good" public schools only to find ourselves out of the system all-together. We are starting our second year of homeschooling next week and are completely happy with our decision. My wife has picked the curriculum and homeschool groups but I know several families doing the K12 program that are completely happy as well. If my wife worked, we would probably have our kids in the K12 program or private school.

IMG_0141.jpg
    I would guess another jump this year.

Add in the private and charter schools I guess 25% of the burden to educate has been removed. Will Districts make cut accordingly especially in administration and reduce their budgets?

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Well it is U of SC. What would you expect.
    Oh your tiggers will be all woke about it too, especially since blm is no longer needed.

We put ours in Northside last year and it’s been a very good decision.

Sounds good but if conservative minded folks aren't involved with public school boards, the few people who go to private schools will be so greatly outnumbered it won't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    Add in the private and charter schools I guess 25% of the burden to educate has been removed. Will Districts make cut accordingly especially in administration and reduce their budgets?
    Hell NO. They done built all these new schools and we got to pay for them regardless if your kid goes or not.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kioti View Post
    Sounds good but if conservative minded folks aren't involved with public school boards, the few people who go to private schools will be so greatly outnumbered it won't matter.
    Look around at every rural school district there is, conservatives haven’t been on the school boards since the 50’s and it shows. They are all failing, corruption runs rampant, and on and on and on. Private school has been the only option for a decent education in Orangeburg county for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    Look around at every rural school district there is, conservatives haven’t been on the school boards since the 50’s and it shows. They are all failing, corruption runs rampant, and on and on and on. Private school has been the only option for a decent education in Orangeburg county for decades.
    And Calhoun

Quote Originally Posted by Kioti View Post
    Yeah, that sounds great, and we have a conservative majority on our school board and have had for a while. But as Ed and RT mentioned, it hasn’t done a damn bit of good. Politicians are still politicians.

There are a few I know that are truly “fighting the good fight”, but in my experience, the majority of the school board members and upper level administrators in the public school system are only interested in self preservation and doing whatever it takes to pad their resumes and advance to the next position, regardless of how it affects the very thing they are tasked with doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post

Just FYI, If a student attends a private school they get the funds from the public school on per student base cost

It’s all coming from legal advisors. Same with the corporate bullshit. Some lardass lifelong smoker pulling an oxygen tank coughs up a lung cause little Johnny brought the rona home on Christmas break, and the family will sue. It’s not about health or prevention, it’s about CYA under the guise of “ We’re all in this together.” Add in the growing number of introverts more than happy to spend the rest of their days waging social justice war on line from the comfort of home and it’s a perfect storm. Damn I’m glad my kids are done with all that shit. Feel for you guys with kids still in school. If you can afford it get them the hell out of the public school system.
    Last edited by FLS; 07-31-2021 at 06:22 PM.