Thread: Remington 700 SA Replacement Stock

Default Remington 700 SA Replacement Stock

Looking to replace the factory stock, possibly convert to magazine fed.

What suggestions do y’all have for stock replacements?
    Never confuse enthusiasm for capability

Just my opinion as I’m sure you’ll get a few others:

Best: manners
    Best for the money: HS precision

I wasn’t happy with the inletting in the 1 B&C I bought, but guys seem to like them.

The house brand for stockys has been getting great reviews for the coin. But I have not personally built on one.

if yours is wood and you find what you are looking for and wanna sell it let me know. Id like to put a wood one on my adl
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Find you one of the Remington Mountain Guide stocks or a Remington Ti stock. They are not inletted for a mag well, but are very nice stocks. They are made from Aramid(?) by B&C and are very light.
    The Remington Mountain stocks are the same, but are inletted for bdl and have gray splatter paint on the black finish.
    I have one of the Rem Mnt Guide stocks put back for future use and have a complete Mountain Guide .243 that I'll probably keep till I'm gone.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Quote Originally Posted by wiz18 View Post
    Just my opinion as I’m sure you’ll get a few others:

Best: manners
    Best for the money: HS precision

I wasn’t happy with the inletting in the 1 B&C I bought, but guys seem to like them.

The house brand for stockys has been getting great reviews for the coin. But I have not personally built on one.
    I have two from B&C for 700's. One worked great, the other one required a bit of work with a Dremel. I don't know if I'd buy another just because there are much lighter, less bulky options out there. The Stocky Carbon Fiber intrigues me though but like you, I've never had one in my hands and it'd be hard to drop $600.00 on it only to find it isn't very good whereas you can get the Manners for not too much more and know it is top notch. The B&C I dropped the Tikka Light in is great, made a world of difference in that rifle. I picked up a Begara B-14 Ridge Special Purpose Short Barrel and am looking at options for it now.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I used an AG composite stock my last build, its just as good as any Manners or McMillan I've had. Good price and TAT as well. Worth a look.

This isn't a 700 but a Bighorn Origin with the same footprint.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I went with AG Composites. Now I'm just waiting on that barrel from Proof Research.

No matter which stock you get I’d recommend bedding it for the best performance possible.

Manners with a mini chassis
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Had them all. Which one you pick depends on what you want to do with the rifle. If I was building a precision rifle, magazine fed , I would put it in a chassis. MPA, MDT, XLR. If you want a more traditional stock Manners or McMillan. Be prepared to wait, and wait, and then wait a little longer.
    Lightweight build, I’d go with AG Composites. Replaced the wood stock on my 700 Mountain with one. Fit and Finish was perfect and I had it in 8 weeks. They’re really nice folks to deal with.
    If you just want to upgrade your factory hunting stock HS Precision makes a very good stock for the money.

What FLS said.

I'll add, keep a watch on Sniper's Hide. They'll be some on there from time to time.