Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone here own a Tesla

Son currently @ Bragg, said Majors & up seem to take a liking to them.
    My tuned 2500 Ram couldn't catch one but making noise & smoke beats the silence, Tesla's 'g+' rules.
    Still grin when I get to launch & pull from one on the bike though!

Default Anyone here own a Tesla

They are all over Europe. Every gas station in Norway has charging stations for EVs. It was weird seeing their salmon fishing guides “running Teslas”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by led0321; 07-31-2021 at 05:33 AM.

guess this is a dumb question but when they pull up to a charging station what does that cost ?

$12-$20 depending on where you are at. 200 mile range or so . The claim is half the cost of a petroleum product fueled vehicle.

I won’t be buying one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by CreekGeek View Post
    You don’t have to change the oil, coolant or transmission fluid.
    Yea figured that but still wonder what other things need any maintenance. If there is moving parts stuff can break and need to be maintained I would assume

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    $12-$20 depending on where you are at. 200 mile range or so . The claim is half the cost of a petroleum product fueled vehicle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks. Just curious on that , never really paid one of those charging stations any attention

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    Yea figured that but still wonder what other things need any maintenance. If there is moving parts stuff can break and need to be maintained I would assume
    17 moving parts on a Tesla vs ~200 on the typical internal combustion vehicle.

Someone posted up here a while back wondering what the range was if they were towing something. Something like Ducktape's 52' Sportsman with the 4 400's. He might make it to the coast from Florence.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

This may have been discussed at some point, but my curiosity is what are the emissions from the fossil fuel plant that produces the energy to charge one EV, vs. what a traditional gasoline engine emits? I really don't know so I can't comment on the efficacy of EVs vs. the current gasoline engines, but the Tesla's are loved by the few folks I know that own them.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina View Post
    17 moving parts on a Tesla vs ~200 on the typical internal combustion vehicle.
    Yeah, but I know how to work on a internal combustion engine.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Quote Originally Posted by cwyatt View Post
    This may have been discussed at some point, but my curiosity is what are the emissions from the fossil fuel plant that produces the energy to charge one EV, vs. what a traditional gasoline engine emits? I really don't know so I can't comment on the efficacy of EVs vs. the current gasoline engines, but the Tesla's are loved by the few folks I know that own them.
    I suspect it depends on what is powering those plants. There are also some emissions to produce unleaded gasoline as well I would guess.

What is environmental impact of making batteries? What is the environmental impact of disposing of batteries?
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    What is environmental impact of making batteries? What is the environmental impact of disposing of batteries?
    https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/en...-races-recycle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MKW View Post
    Yeah, but I know how to work on a internal combustion engine.
    So do I. Electric cars are fundamentally less complex. The issue is the computers, which all modern vehicles have whether they run on dinosaurs or electrons.