Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Damn Yellowjackets

Default Damn Yellowjackets

I was just minding my own damn business cutting some grass when all the sudden my sunglasses were blacked out like a solor eclipse. Im thinking to myself WTF is going on and BAM the first one stings me. Needless to say i was the fastest human on the planet for about 10 seconds. Usain Bolt didn’t have shit on me. Watch out for them boys they are bad this year. Third time i have gotten into them in a week.
    CEB5898B-219D-4608-9560-EB541A6F0AE7.jpg
    E9DAACDA-5050-47AD-8462-DD3A4103438A.jpg
    And before you ask yes i still cut grass for 8 hours after this happened.

Looks like Roy D. Mercer got hold of you
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Funny you posted this. I rustled up a ground nest of them this afternoon and one got me on my butt cheek before I could escape. Two of my dogs got nailed too. After dumping two cans of rainbow on them I poured gas down the hole and lit it on fire sending them little jokers back to hell!
    867-5309

Damn u ugly... Hope you're back to normal soon

The devil’s pets.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Got into them this afternoon cutting grass as well. About to go give them a few gallons of petrol.

I brushed a tree this past weekend that had a bald face hornets nest in it. Didn’t know they were there until I was done. I was extremely lucky.

Damn a yellow jacket.

And really damn a hornet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

I've been really lucky and gotten stupid close to a hornet's nest and looked up to see it just in time. Talk about ice water running down your back...

I thought my luck had run out one year as I was meandering through a WMA during a flood in my boat. Current was pumping, I was going against the current and my boat was about to bump into one. Knocked back the throttle and got my ass turned around rapido.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

5B587CDB-282A-438C-9AAD-DD78F51EE5D2.jpg

I almost bumped into this one a week or two ago... no bueno
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Woke up this morning like this
    428AD446-6841-4EC4-942D-C34C4C3B394A.jpeg
    But in all seriousness i woke up with it swollen shup. Im right eye dominate as crap so this really screwed up my depth perception. Made for a rough day of cutting but I got through.
    84DFFEAF-FB5C-4A0B-8277-6AFB7AC0AD3D.jpg

I imagine your head is normally that swole up, except for your eye.

I got one of those yellow jacket traps from the store the other day, had 20 in them last time I checked. I got stung on the tongue one time when I was a kid, that will traumatize you for life.

My whole head and face are swollen because of it….but yea im 230 lbs i dont have the face of a meth head.

Quote Originally Posted by murraywader View Post
    I got one of those yellow jacket traps from the store the other day, had 20 in them last time I checked. I got stung on the tongue one time when I was a kid, that will traumatize you for life.
    I swear by those things. I usually have to dump mine out at least once or twice before the first frost. It brings me great pleasure to see thousands of dead yellow jackets.

Quote Originally Posted by adamb61085 View Post
    My whole head and face are swollen because of it….but yea im 230 lbs i dont have the face of a meth head.
    Your reaction looks like it's at the point where you may want to carry an Epi pen before you end up in serious shape the next time you get hit.

Twenty odd years ago I ran over nests with the bush hog three weekends in a row, and I went from 'slightly bumpy' the first week, to 'hand and arm were the same size x 2' by the third. After that I carried an Epi pen with me on the tractor for years, at the doc's insistence.

After years of avoiding them (lucky) for years, I ran over a rotted log this past weekend and before I knew what was happening I got hit three times on my forehead, two on my neck, one up my pant leg at the ankle, and one stuck to my T shirt on my shoulder and stinging me multiple times as I kept hitting him with my hat. I almost ended up tearing the bush hog off the three-point hitch when I caught a tree stump, but fortunately nothing that can't be fixed easily. I haven't located the exact hole yet so I'm not sure where to be sure to take them out, but I'll get the buggers.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Quote Originally Posted by Chap View Post
    I swear by those things. I usually have to dump mine out at least once or twice before the first frost. It brings me great pleasure to see thousands of dead yellow jackets.
    What kind of bait do you put in them... sugar water or something? I think I've got one in the garage and just might have to go hang it up.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Yellow jackets and fireants are the spawn of satan.

Yeah the sucky thing is none of this has been at my house. It has all be at contracts we have to cut. This was a condo complex out on the lake so the trap is a no-go and so is burning them alive. I have been stung 3 seperate days in the last week all at different clients. 1 time on the ankle the first day, 6 times the next between arm, back and legs, then this 15-20 times between legs, arms, back and 4-5 on my right ear and the one above my eye brow this is 5 days after being stung the second day. I got stung years ago on my face and i had a similiar reaction. All the other locations are just normal welps, i think this is just how my face reacts. Hopefully the rest of me don’t start reacting this way. Got hit by a hornet trimming holy hedges a month or so back right under the armpit, now that bastard hurt!
    Last edited by adamb61085; 07-30-2021 at 04:27 PM.

Damn man that looks rough.

I am sure there is a reason for those suckers but I have not found it yet

Hope the swelling goes down tonight for you