Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Simone Biles

They can’t all be Kerri Strugg.

It’s okay to fail.

Should she be thrown under the bus? No.

Should quitting on her team in the clutch be celebrated and admired? Hell no.

I’ve got enough real shit to worry about over here to not GAF whether a girl I don’t know, that participates in a sport I don’t GAF about quit or not.

Dove season is weeks away, but y’all keep arguing about it, by all means.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

She quit. Now she wants attn: The End
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Don’t think she quit although that was my initial reaction. After listening about her story she basically said she sort of “went mental”. I remember when the 2nd baseman from the Dodgers (Steve Sax) couldn’t throw to first any more. He mentally locked up. Same kind of thing here I believe. An E4 won’t kill you but landing on you head and neck will. I think she actually was so out of whack she thought she would keep them from winning any kind of medal.

I’m not in a position to question someone’s mental health decisions.

Nor do I care about the Olympics.

Is it dove season yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Do don’t become an Olympian by being a quitter or being anything other than mentally tough… she deserves at least the benefit of the doubt.
    "The best things in life make you sweaty"
    - Edgar Allen Poe

“We need the tonic of wildness...At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us...”
    ― Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by UPSTATEWATERFOWLER View Post
    Don’t think she quit although that was my initial reaction. After listening about her story she basically said she sort of “went mental”. I remember when the 2nd baseman from the Dodgers (Steve Sax) couldn’t throw to first any more. He mentally locked up. Same kind of thing here I believe. An E4 won’t kill you but landing on you head and neck will. I think she actually was so out of whack she thought she would keep them from winning any kind of medal.
    You still a Dodger fan? They just got Scherzer and Tre Turner. Dodgers could go split squad and finish 1-2 in their division.

I can tell you the mental struggle is no joke. I definitely don’t consider myself or didn’t consider myself a world class athlete, but I’d like to think I competed at a pretty high level. It jacked me up.

I remember it getting so bad in high school when I played quarterback that I would forget the plays or what route the receiver was suppose to run. My brain would be running 1000 miles an hour and no matter what I did, I couldn’t slow it down.

Playing baseball was tolerable because I was a pitcher and was able to more or less control the speed of the game. Even then, I could calm my head. On one hand it drove me because I was terrified to fail but on the other hand it was overwhelming. I managed it until the beginning of my sophomore year. I had just gotten drafted but decided to come back to school for another year. Couple weeks into practice and I started having major panic issues. I’m not talking being a little nervous, I’m talking not wanting to get out of bed.
    Over the next few years I continued to play but I’ll be honest, it took the love of the game away. I was miserable and really just in survival mode.

I wish I would have gotten help in my early years (middle school/high school). I probably had the issue even before that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not my circus, not my monkeys.

I try real hard not to judge a person's actions. If they are within my sphere of influence, I will try to understand their thought process, but this is far outside my scope. Hope she figures her shit out.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    You still a Dodger fan? They just got Scherzer and Tre Turner. Dodgers could go split squad and finish 1-2 in their division.
    joey votto has been on absolute fire.

braves suck again and do absolutely nothing to bolster the team.
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by hunterjw View Post
    Most people don’t train for 4 years to just quit halfway through..based on the terrible things that happened in the past in addition to the published mental state I don’t think anyone should judge.
    Standing ovation, sir. I didn't read any further than this post.

I had target panic before. I have watched grown men break down with buck fever.

She said she got lost in one routine.

Olympic level stuff is usually about mental toughness.

Same with elite in most sports. I cannot begin to imagine.

Couple doobies will calm all that shit down.

Quote Originally Posted by billyjack View Post

Should quitting on her team in the clutch be celebrated and admired? Hell no.
    Did anyone give Charlie Conway flack when he took the bench so Banks could take the ice? No way.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

But why quit at this point? Mental issues don't start overnight. Quitting any other time wouldn't have been as press worthy. Does the anthem also give her anxiety?
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

In her interview before she bowed out, I gathered she basically said at the age of 24 she was scared now. Fear! I don't think this was political at all but I haven't kept up with her since the competition.
    Low country redneck who moved north

Not making light of mental illness. My father has struggled with it my entire life. But his ass stood for the anthem at every dirt track race, ball game, rodeo you name it
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by charlie horse View Post
    Couple doobies will calm all that shit down.
    Sheeit. That much weed could throw a neophyte into twice as much anxiety. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
    Gymnastics is too dangerous - nobody really watches - close it down.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.