Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Simone Biles

Default Simone Biles

Did she do the right thing claiming she couldn't compete due to mental issues and not being judged by the same standards because her skill level was so far advanced compared to those she was competing against? Or is she a quitter and "social justice warrior" who doesn't seem to think the USA is worth representing? I'm trying to wrap my head around someone at the highest level of their sport who is so good she was all but guaranteed the Gold yet quits because it isn't fair. Use to be a saying when the going gets tough, the tough get going. Seems like now when the going gets tough there's a lot of whining and crying and hiding behind some made up issue, at least that's what it appears to me. Then again, personally when I've been told I cannot do something I want to do, I dig in and bust my ass to do it.

In fairness, I've only read bits and pieces on the whole thing. I'm not interested in following the Olympics other than the shooting aspects and I get those updates on here or FB.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

If sjw is her thing I would rather she not compete then win the gold did not stand for the flag in the national anthem. if she wasn't in the zone and she knew it and was having struggles, and decided to bow out and stand behind her teammates and cheer for them good on her.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

She was sucking it up and didn’t want to go out like that
    "I am a man, not an animal and I always try to conduct myself accordingly. Doing anything less is just giving up and expecting (and being okay) with failure."
    Rubberhead

Well said stump.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpknocker View Post
    She was sucking it up and didn’t want to go out like that
    Did she even do any routines? What's the noise about her being judged by a different standard by the Olympic committee that she claims?
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Mental problems and mental illness is a legit real problem in this country. She was probably having extreme anxiety because she was not performing well. I'll leave it at that

Something about her vault and no one else being able to do it or have anything to compare it to for scoring.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

I haven't watched any of the olympics and don't know anything other than she tapped out of competition.

But after seeing what USA Gymnastics is all about I wouldn't question her about mental issues especially since she is one of the girls that was emotionally, physically and sexually abused by the people charged with her training and care.

Quote Originally Posted by ReelHard View Post
    Mental problems and mental illness is a legit real problem in this country. She was probably having extreme anxiety because she was not performing well. I'll leave it at that
    I’ve learned that you never know what someone is going through.

If it was true mental problems and not simply quitting because of poor performance then good on her.

Do we all not struggle mentally when we are not performing at our peak? I hate failure and I know for a fact that it affects my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    But after seeing what USA Gymnastics is all about I wouldn't question her about mental issues especially since she is one of the girls that was emotionally, physically and sexually abused by the people charged with her training and care.
    I was not aware of that, that would make a lot of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNSON View Post
    Do we all not struggle mentally when we are not performing at our peak? I hate failure and I know for a fact that it affects my life.
    Failing at something is a learning experience if you let it teach you. I've learned far more from my failures than I have successes. Glenn's take makes a ton of sense though, that's not failure, what those young ladies went through was horrible and would definitely leave scars.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    I was not aware of that, that would make a lot of sense.
    The story of it all is on Netflix. It will make you want to go find those people. What those girls went through was tragic and criminal. The Keri Scruggs story made me want to vomit.

I sympathize with her because of the sexual abuse she endured. I wish she would’ve finished the olympics, though.

My knee jerk reaction was that she was a quitter and shame on her. My wife enlightened me on her back story and it changed my perspective. Interestingly, my associate is a former Olympian and he was not empathetic at all.
    Carolina Counsel

She gets a pass from me. I appreciate what she has accomplished.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

If I was off my game and I knew it, I would hope I would be brave enough to pass the torch to someone else that may be on their game. The only olympics I have watched was the softball so I have no clue how it went down but if she knew her mind wasn’t right I think it was pretty cool to pass it on to someone else. Not every time someone steps aside can they be labeled a quitter.

I couldn’t care less.

Getting the yips is ok in golf, not so much when flipping and twisting through the air.

Said she got the "twisties"

"In her one, and perhaps only finals performance of these Olympic Games, Biles launched herself into a vault that, once airborne, would require 2 1/2 twists of her body. As she recounted afterward, it didn't work.

"I was trying a 2 1/2," Biles said, "and I ended up doing a 1 1/2. Just got a little bit lost in the air."

Most people don’t train for 4 years to just quit halfway through..based on the terrible things that happened in the past in addition to the published mental state I don’t think anyone should judge.
    Last edited by hunterjw; 07-29-2021 at 06:59 PM.