Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who raised these kids?

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitman09 View Post
    I’d say we really haven’t had true war since WWII. We have had several campaigns that were strictly politically motivated since then but not a war to protect our freedom or sovereignty.
    I’m sure some veterans would disagree with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    And that may be the dumbest thing yet. What is it with you Citadel folks?
    Why do you think that is dumb? Our grandparents who are almost all gone now were the last generation to live through an era where America had to defend herself to survive. They lived through hard times like the Great Depression and WWII where peoples lives were effected and times got tough. The last last 3 generations have had it easy. The hardest thing I’ve lived through is wearing surgical masks. Other than that, my standard of living hasn’t changed. No one has been forced to go to war for our country. Tough times make grit and toughness and bring people together. Until Americans get a gut check into the fragility of our freedoms and way of life, we will continue to take it for granted.

What I’m saying is each new generation is becoming further removed from understanding that people before us had to sacrifice to build this country from scratch and died to defend it. We take our freedoms for granted. The further removed we are from those that put in the work to defend our country, the less we understand their sacrifices which intimately causes us to lose a true appreciation for American and how special she is.
    Last edited by Rabbitman09; 07-29-2021 at 08:23 PM.

Why do you think that is dumb? Our grandparents who are almost all gone now were the last generation to live through an era where America had to defend herself to survive. They lived through hard times like the Great Depression and WWII where peoples lives were effected and times got tough. The last last 3 generations have had it easy. The hardest thing I’ve lived through is wearing surgical masks. Other than that, my standard of living hasn’t changed. No one has been forced to go to war for our country. Tough times make grit and toughness and bring people together. Until Americans get a gut check into the fragility of our freedoms and way of life, we will continue to take it for granted.
    I’m not sure why I continue to respond to the stupid crap you repeatedly post on this matter, but here I am. The difference between the last 3 generations and our grandfathers generation when it came to war is vastly different. The people who signed up to serve after 1975 did it all volunteer. The flag draped coffins I’ve loaded onto to many damn planes to count, they knew exactly what they signed up to do. They did it voluntarily without the government forcing them. Something you have never had the balls to do. I know a lot of guys that would I love for you to meet with bullet wounds, missing limbs, horrible ptsd(which you claimed to be fake) that would love for you to tell them they didn’t fight in a war or for this country.

This isn’t to discredit the men who died and gave their lives that were drafted my great uncle was killed in the Bataan death March, my other great uncle was killed in Europe in Ww 2. I have multiple family members that have proudly served in every conflict in American history.

But let’s be real your pussy ass would’ve got out of the draft too. You wouldn’t know tough times or how people have been affected due to the 20 year war we just got out of. You just talk big behind a keyboard. I’ll gladly get you In touch with these fine men and hear their stories from all over Middle East. Just shoot me a pm when you’re ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

Quote Originally Posted by duckcommander727 View Post
    The difference between the last 3 generations and our grandfathers generation when it came to war is vastly different.
    That is exactly my point. I’m not saying the people who have fought in recent political campaigns weren’t brave or honorable people. I’m just saying every military conflict since WWII has been controversial and not everyone has been All In. During our grandparents generation, everyone was all in. Each subsequent generation has become less and less patriotic and they don’t have the same appreciation for American because there hasn’t been a eminent threat to its existence. Life has been cushy and our tolerance for radicalism, authoritarians, and disrespect has grown greatly because we don’t want to disrupt how good we have it.

Here my personal example. My grandparents were extremely patriotic. Both sets had a flag pole in their yard and my parents only bought fords and chevys because their parents would be pissed for buying Jap traps. Both my grandfathers were in WWII and 2 great uncles. One grandfather got drafted into the army. The other didn’t want to eat shitty food and sleep on the ground so he enlisted in the navy because he was going to be going to war no matter what. One of my wife’s grandfathers was in WWII as well and the other wasn’t of age at the time. My pops and uncles just missed Vietnam by like 1 year due to being in college. If it would have last any longer they would have went. My wife’s pops wasn’t of age yet. Since then, I have no immediate family who have been in any war or conflict. You get my point? You may have some connection with war but you are in a small minority of people. Most people haven’t had any connection to war since Vietnam.
    Last edited by Rabbitman09; 07-29-2021 at 08:49 PM.

There are shitloads of combat vets in America from the 21st century, daddy rabbit. The war on terror has touched tens of thousands of American families. I have a friend who was wounded in Iraq. Many of us know someone like that.

Quote Originally Posted by w33kender View Post
    There are shitloads of combat vets in America from the 21st century, daddy rabbit. The war on terror has touched tens of thousands of American families. I have a friend who was wounded in Iraq. Many of us know someone like that.
    I know there are 10’s of thousands of 21 century combat vets but there are 350,000,000 people in America. I know plenty of people who were deployed during the 20 year Middle East debacle but none of them were injured and they don’t “believe in” what the mission was about. They were either in the military because they needed a job or serving their contract requirement to get their school paid for. They did like the tax free combat pay though.
    Last edited by Rabbitman09; 07-29-2021 at 09:15 PM.

You think every WW 2 vet was patriotic and intrinsically motivated? Did you know news coverage was censored, guaranteeing an idealized portrayal of our war effort?

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, the greatest generation joined the military on or after 11 September, 2001.

No Rabbit- I don’t think anyone gets your point. Now hush.
    Carolina Counsel

Here my personal example. My grandparents were extremely patriotic. Both sets had a flag pole in their yard and my parents only bought fords and chevys because their parents would be pissed for buying Jap traps. Both my grandfathers were in WWII and 2 great uncles. One grandfather got drafted into the army. The other didn’t want to eat shitty food and sleep on the ground so he enlisted in the navy because he was going to be going to war no matter what. One of my wife’s grandfathers was in WWII as well and the other wasn’t of age at the time. My pops and uncles just missed Vietnam by like 1 year due to being in college. If it would have last any longer they would have went. My wife’s pops wasn’t of age yet. Since then, I have no immediate family who have been in any war or conflict. You get my point? You may have some connection with war but you are in a small minority of people. Most people haven’t had any connection to war since Vietnam.
    There are like 20 million veterans walking our great land today. Just because you didn’t have the balls to sign up and serve doesn’t mean everyone thought that way. You are one of the biggest idiots I’ve met on this subject.

“… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, the greatest generation joined the military on or after 11 September, 2001.
    Thanks Tater!! I re-uped for 1 more year after 9/11, that count?

Quote Originally Posted by Bownut View Post
    As said before, we’re dealing with a generation that has never been told “no”.
    Know a girl that now nannies in Charleston. She isn't even allowed to tell the kids no, give them options she said. They also don't use ziplocs, trash bags, disposable containers or hell certain food, because of their "carbon footprint"
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Dick View Post
    Thanks Tater!! I re-uped for 1 more year after 9/11, that count?
    You gonna wire my back deck for free if I say yes?

Passion

I like it when y'all talk dirty
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Seldom told no and yet seldom possessing peace of mine. Imagine that.

What just happened here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    I joined right as the USA was going into Desert Storm, 1991, because I, and everyone else, could see what was coming.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.