Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3" #1 BUCK

Default 3" #1 BUCK

Anyone know where one might find some?

ammoseek

SG Ammo appears to have some in 2 3/4":

https://www.sgammo.com/product/12-ga...t-ammo-sb12bsf

Shit 0buck and 1buck is like gold.
    Palmetto State Armory had black 00 a couple with ago.

I got plenty of 00 but it seems near impossible to find 3" #1's anymore

I ordered some from Bass Pro Shops in the spring.
    Bone....

Best #1 Buck load made was Federal's Premium 2.75" 20 pellet #1 load. A deer crusher for sure. I talked to a guy from Federal at an event once and he told me that .30 caliber #1B pellets stack into the 12 gauge hull perfectly so they can get 20 of em in there. Great patterns too. I have about 80 left.

3" #1B is even mo betta... if you can find it... 24 pellets in most loads.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

I'm on my last 5 shells. My browning throw's the #1's in about a 2' radius at 40 yards and 00 covers about double that with less pellets. May have to get some 2.75 inchers to hold me over until they become available again.

Try out a box of 000s..
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    Try out a box of 000s..
    000 less pellets- deeper penetration
    PSA is selling 2 3/4 00 9 pellets 1375 fps for under $4/box- those shoot through a deer at 30 yards

I shot the 3" #1 for many years out my double trigger SXS- lots of stands you only get 1 shot and they got both barrels same time- 48- .30 cal pellets all together would put em down

Like a bad habit.

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    Try out a box of 000s..
    Any idea where I can find 000's? They are my preferred load. I have not been able to find any for a couple of years.

I am so frustrated with the lack of availability, I might take reloading up again. The only issue is I understand components are hard to come by. As best I can tell, with current supply availability, I will have to cast my own buckshot and tumble polish it.

There is a great youtube channel that has all sorts of recipes and testing for buckshot reloading: "Bubba Roundtree Outdoors".
    The only good thing about my imperfections is the joy they bring my friends.

Beware the man with one gun...he probably has other faults also.

Saw some at a store not long ago. Think it was out towards Murray. Can't recall the name of the store tho.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Quote Originally Posted by Salt Marsh View Post
    Any idea where I can find 000's? They are my preferred load. I have not been able to find any for a couple of years.

I am so frustrated with the lack of availability, I might take reloading up again. The only issue is I understand components are hard to come by. As best I can tell, with current supply availability, I will have to cast my own buckshot and tumble polish it.

There is a great youtube channel that has all sorts of recipes and testing for buckshot reloading: "Bubba Roundtree Outdoors".
    Keep an eye on natchez shooter supply. they had federal copper plated 3" 000 in stock a few weeks ago. i grabbed some then, but they are out of stock now.

I need some 3" remington 000. havent been able to find any of those in 2 years. They shoot great out of my gun and im down to 3 boxes

Quote Originally Posted by dixiedeerslaya View Post
    Keep an eye on natchez shooter supply. they had federal copper plated 3" 000 in stock a few weeks ago. i grabbed some then, but they are out of stock now.

I need some 3" remington 000. havent been able to find any of those in 2 years. They shoot great out of my gun and im down to 3 boxes

Pm sent

Academy in Columbia had Remington 3” magnum OO last week, 10 box limit and they were $9.99/box.

I miss the days of going to the local hardware store to pick up some buckshot for the upcoming deer season. Good times

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    I miss the days of going to the local hardware store to pick up some buckshot for the upcoming deer season. Good times
    There was writer who write an article in Outdoor Life in the early 70's about being in Fordham's Hardware on Bay Street in Beaufort in early August. He was surprised about people coming in to buy buckshot for deer season which opened on August 15. He went on in the article about dog driving in the Lowcountry. That was the first article in a national publication I recall which dealt with someplace that was relevant to me. I wish I had kept that article.

I recall they kept open boxes of shotgun shells on a high shelf over the cash register and you could buy less than a box on a per shell price. I was on a cash and carry basis for shells at Fordhams because my father left strict instructions at the store that I was not allowed to put any shells on his tab.
    The only good thing about my imperfections is the joy they bring my friends.

Beware the man with one gun...he probably has other faults also.

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    You still can- most every hardware store in the lowcountry sells ammo, hunting, fishing and boating supplies

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    You still can- most every hardware store in the lowcountry sells ammo, hunting, fishing and boating supplies
    Oh I know. I'm more talking about missing dog hunting. Not many good clubs around anymore, especially in my area.