Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mandatory Vaccines in the workplace

Got call from our Anderson 5 Superintendent couple weeks back and he was asking our opinion on Mandatory vaccines .

My take was did not matter to me since I have had the vaccine (so has my wife and daughter. DIL, Son and SIL have not ) I could see it being a legal issue and then you wonder how far you are willing to go if someone refused it

Back in April we announced a program that awarded each employee a $500 bonus for taking the vaccine before end of May (this was approved and paid for by ESSER funds that Schools are getting for COIVD issues ) This drove our vaccinated rate over 72% and the way I looked at it was CDC/White House/POTUS/and every one else is shooting for 70% so to me we exceeded that

Big thing (hope I am correct on this ) is if someone is vaccinated they do not have to quarantine which in turn saves money

Had lunch with him last week and there is speculation the majority of hospitals in SC are going to make it mandatory, if they do that will make it easier for every other employer to as well

Tough call to force someone to take it but then it is proven that it is the way to control it (or so the experts say) tough call either way you go to be honest

Way I look at it is we have been taking mandatory vaccines since we were born and they are even required before a child attends school
    Last edited by tprice; 07-29-2021 at 07:13 PM.

In my experience, unvaccinated employees are less likely to call in sick the day their tax refund/stimulus check arrives.

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor

Tprice you are relying on the rhetoric coming from Fauci & Co. He changes his opinion more than my 5yo daughter changes clothes and let me tell you my washing machine never stops.

I think everyone needs to chill out and make rational sound decisions. How are you going to feel in 5 yr when you voted to mandate your employees get a vaccine that has a strong link to pancreas cancer or something terrible like that? Both have 99% rates except one is mortality and the other is survival. Remember Zantac was safe for a long time.
    Last edited by Southernduck; 07-29-2021 at 08:42 PM.
    cut\'em

Yeah I’m not getting it…I’ve had family members have complications from the vaccine and I’ve seen in private testing where antibodies from the shot only last 6 months. Just as my employer may have the right to tell me to get vaccinated, I have the right to walk out.
    For the ducks

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    Tprice you are relying on the rhetoric coming from Fauci & Co. He changes his opinion more than my 5yo daughter changes clothes and let me tell you my washing machine never stops.

I think everyone needs to chill out and make rational sound decisions. How are you going to feel in 5 yr when you voted to mandate your employees get a vaccine that has a strong link to pancreas cancer or something terrible like that? Both have 99% rates except one is mortality and the other is survival. Remember Zantac was safe for a long time.
    I don’t know how any employer can sleep at night forcing people to take an unapproved vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    Applying to that? I can see immunity from someone saying she gave it to me and ruined my life but an employer is immune from mandating an employee to get a vaccine to keep their job but we don’t know what the 2 yr affects of this thing are. What fools came up with this?
    Not exactly. No employer can force an employee to get vaccinated. However, an employer can make vaccination a requirement to keep one’s job. If an employee doesn’t like it, well bye Felicia (unless that employee is a member of a protected class and can’t get vaccinated for medical or religious reasons). At will employment is a great thing. I am not making my employees get vaccinated, but I sure wish they would.
    Last edited by Carolina Counsel; 07-29-2021 at 09:57 PM.
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    Not exactly. No employer can force an employee to get vaccinated. However, an employer can make vaccination a requirement to keep one’s job. If an employee doesn’t like it, we’ll bye Felicia (unless that employee is a member of a protected class and can’t get vaccinated for medical or religious reasons). At will employment is a great thing.
    Very accurate.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    I am not making my employees get vaccinated, but I sure wish they would.
    Same here.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 07-29-2021 at 10:11 PM.

I get that CC but if there is immunity why worry about their vaccination status? Not like someone can sue you for giving them COVID? Missed time isn’t the answer because if you test positive you are still quarantined and spreading the virus even with the vaccine. I can show you approximately 48 examples currently.
    cut\'em

I work for a large health insurance company that many of you probably have insurance through. They are not making it a requirement, but some benefits that they give employees, you have to provide a vaccination card to partake. Complete BS but it is what it is. For what it’s worth, I got the shot so I could spend time with my grandparents and they not worry. If that kills me so be it.

Before today NC schools were mask optional based on local school board decisions. My county was going to be the same.

Today cooper decides he's going to mandate masks for all NC schools. My brother in law who works in the county office and will likely be the superintendent in the next 3-5 years has said it's all pressure from teachers. Teachers are state employees. Make their ass get the vaccine and let them wear a mask if they are so worried. Why make the kids suffer?

Also this example was given

Johnny is the only one in his class who decides to wear a mask. Johnny tests positive one day. All his classmates and himself will have to quarantine.

Also, if Johnny is the only one in has class who isn't wearing a mask and he tests positive, everyone still must quarantine.

I'm like wtf, how effective do they truly believe these masks are if one of these scenarios occurs?

I would estimate 95% of the parents in our area are ok with their kids not wearing mask to school. Do you think those 95% are sitting at home in a bubble the other 16 hours of the day or the 48 hours of the weekend. The answer is no. Fact is, if your people don't want masks then making them wear them 8 hours a day is doing nothing. If they don't get COVID from school they will get it somewhere else. My oldest max will be in 1st Grady and my middle tucker will start kindergarten. Max cried every morning on the way to school last year because he knew he would have to wear the mask all day. That shit wears on you, not to mention the child. I'm dreading this year already

Also, went to doctor this morning. The independent offices around here aren't making people mask up. I walked into a caromont foot doctor this morning without a mask and they immediately asked me if I needed one and I replied " no I'm good, Ive been vaccinated". They responded that it was still mandatory with caromont and they had one they would give me. So I took the mask and began checking in and telling them my name. "Oh you will have to go wait in line and check in on the touch screen deal in the corner where the other patients are in line waiting". So let's get this straight, I gotta wear a mask, but I also gotta be funneled into a line to touch a screen that god knows how many other people have touched?

I just don't get it. And I'm no anti vaccine person or anything like that. And I've lost family from this. But as far as the masks go, I feel that the cry's of few are overpowering the wants of the majority. And to that I call bull on.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Rant over
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

I pulled my kids out of school last fall when I saw the stupid fucking Covid protocols.

Both of them scored in the 99th percentile this spring and I have already ordered their new curriculum for the fall. They are thriving and I am not subjecting them to this bullshit.

Anyone sending their kids to school to wear a mask and be paraded around like a sheep needs to take a hard look in the mirror. My kids are done wearing masks. The two most important things they can learn from me are love and the importance of individual liberty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    I don’t know how any employer can sleep at night forcing people to take an unapproved vaccine.
    Can you sleep if you is woke?

Pretty philosophical ain’t it?

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    I pulled my kids out of school last fall when I saw the stupid fucking Covid protocols.

Both of them scored in the 99th percentile this spring and I have already ordered their new curriculum for the fall. They are thriving and I am not subjecting them to this bullshit.

Anyone sending their kids to school to wear a mask and be paraded around like a sheep needs to take a hard look in the mirror. My kids are done wearing masks. The two most important things they can learn from me are love and the importance of individual liberty.

Preach. Same here. No more indoctrination camps for mine. However, my prediction is that it won't be allowed for long. Just like you will soon not be able to hold employment unless you're compliant and get vaxxed, you will not be able to hole d employment unless you've attended a state-sponsored brainwashing establishment. There has been too many people pull their kids from school. They won't tolerate the next generation of freedom lovers bypassing re-education without a fight.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post

This man gets it. I see one day public schools going away to a certain extent.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

They will not go away but become holding pens. Home schooling enrollment increased to 11% last year. I suspect another increase this year.

Home schooling or a good private school is the only way to go.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 07-30-2021 at 07:27 AM.

News on the radio this morning said either a greenwood or greenville school district reported a bunch of kids with covid or covid symptoms or something. Sounded like high school age tho