Thread: Kid friendly areas in the Camden/Lugoff Area

Default Kid friendly areas in the Camden/Lugoff Area

Finally got a boat up here after almost two years. We are going to try and take the kids in the boat on Sunday. Looking for suggestions for a good place to take them where they can get out and play. I assume there is a sandbar near me on the Wateree that we could take them to. What say thee brain trust? I have never been on the river up here so any intel on things to look out for/avoid would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

If you don’t know the river , don’t put in at US 1 it’s very low right now, you can find plenty of shore line on the lake to beach your boat and let the kids play
    "I am a man, not an animal and I always try to conduct myself accordingly. Doing anything less is just giving up and expecting (and being okay) with failure."
    Rubberhead

Lake Monticello has plenty of small islands. Watch for shallow areas as water depth fluctuates
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpknocker View Post
    If you don’t know the river , don’t put in at US 1 it’s very low right now, you can find plenty of shore line on the lake to beach your boat and let the kids play
    I actually think I will have access to a landing further down river. I’d rather ride in the river close to the house than pull the boats all the way up to the lake. Especially if I can use the landing closer to my house. But yea I noticed the river was really low.

Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

There's a liquor store with a snappy dresser in town if they get bored.

Upriver of the I20 bridge after you make the big turn on the Florence side of the river, look for a small boat landing. It's got a nice grassy area with plenty of shade.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by Bownut View Post
    There's a liquor store with a snappy dresser in town if they get bored.
    I kinda planned on just pulling up in his back yard and letting the kids run rampant

Haha

The sand bar on 20 is cool. A couple hundred yards south of 20 is easy riding, there's a little testy stretch depending on the water right before it. There are sandbars down the way, plus those islands aren't too bad.

Of course I can tell you in person things that I won't type on the internet...