Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 99%

Quote Originally Posted by Cwaysvt View Post
    Y’all aren’t tired of this crap yet?
    I am,

Dove seasons just over a month away, there are deer stands to get ready, trying to wrap up my house remodel, and I know where there’s about to be a good litter of squirrel dogs on the ground and I’m thinking about getting a pup. It’s not hard to find good things in life to focus on rather than the ‘rona
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by everlast View Post
    If you happen to wonder why, allegedly, 99%+ of people admitted to the hospitals for Covid in the US are unvaccinated(when other countries like Britain and Isreal report closer to 50/50 or 60/40), this might be the answer: they’re lying.
    I fixed this.

Everlast

Sorry if any thing I wrote came across bitchy.

The truth is I am tired of seeing people die.

I had the same discussion with the farmer I hunt with sunday when we were bagging corn. He is way more anti vax than you.

I told him I don't care what numbers you see on the internet, I can tell you about the patients I see. And all the ones that are bad off, aka intubated or close to it on continuous cpap mask are all unvaccinated.

By and large the vaccinated people are on nasal canulas.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cwaysvt View Post
    Y’all aren’t tired of this crap yet?
    15 months and counting since I personally gave a shit about COVID, masks, or vaccine. Life is good

Last wkend a RN friend in Florence told me he is only seeing unvaxd in bad shape w COVID.
    (Edit to add: Most every one has other pre existing conditions)
    He also said masks are bullshit.
    Last edited by Featherduster; 07-27-2021 at 03:42 PM.
    Tyler Simmons wasn’t offsides. 1-9-2018
    Isaiah Bond didn’t catch the ball. 12-2-2023

Quote Originally Posted by mello_collins View Post
    Everlast

Sorry if any thing I wrote came across bitchy.

The truth is I am tired of seeing people die.

I had the same discussion with the farmer I hunt with sunday when we were bagging corn. He is way more anti vax than you.

I told him I don't care what numbers you see on the internet, I can tell you about the patients I see. And all the ones that are bad off, aka intubated or close to it on continuous cpap mask are all unvaccinated.

By and large the vaccinated people are on nasal canulas.
    Understandable and sorry for my petty reply. I can't imagine the toll that seeing that takes on a person. I do appreciate insight from real people who are seeing this first hand; it definitely gives me pause.

Last bit of insight I'll ask for before I go back to my regularly scheduled programming, if you wouldn't mind, since this affects me and mine specifically: Have you encountered anyone who was previously infected and symptomatic, hasn't received the vax, that has been reinfected?
    Last edited by everlast; 07-27-2021 at 03:18 PM.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by everlast View Post
    Understandable and sorry for my petty reply. I can't imagine the toll that seeing that takes. I do appreciate insight from real people who are seeing this first hand, Definitely gives me pause.

Last bit of insight I'll ask for before I go back to my regularly scheduled programming, if you wouldn't mind, since this affects me and mine specifically: Have you encountered anyone who was previously infected and symptomatic, hasn't received the vax, that has been reinfected?
    I don't know of any patients like that but, one of my coworkers got it twice before being vaccinated. Both times she only had mild symptoms. Now I think she developed good antibodies during the second time because the vaccine knocked her for a loop.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

thanks for the info and the avatar.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Masks are indeed bullshit and I didn’t/don’t wear them unless it was a necessity to accomplish the task I needed to accomplish. I also thought that at not time would I get this stupid virus. But……I’m also not a fan of being on the wrong side in the battle so after weighing the options I got vaccinated.

It didn’t hurt, I didn’t get sick and my quality of life has improved. Sounds like a win to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Masks are indeed bullshit and I didn’t/don’t wear them unless it was a necessity to accomplish the task I needed to accomplish. I also thought that at not time would I get this stupid virus. But……I’m also not a fan of being on the wrong side in the battle so after weighing the options I got vaccinated.

It didn’t hurt, I didn’t get sick and my quality of life has improved. Sounds like a win to me.
    Same! I had it according to a blood test. I remember having it. I had a cold but a little worse. I feel better being vaxxed. Ask me in ten years how I feel! Hopefully normal and still here.
    Go Tigers!!!

Buddy of mine told me that 3 years from now when all of us who got the vaccine are dead because of it,sperm banks are going to be paying thousands of dollars per donation from the unvaccinated to repopulate the earth. First I missed out on the Bitcoin craze and now this. Damnit.
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

if it makes you feel any better, you can still donate.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

If I was younger I would not but at my age my thinking is I am going to die anyway but not from Covid. Life has been less stressful since I got it back in early February with no side effects.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    if it makes you feel any better, you can still donate.
    I prefer for my charity to begin at home
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

Unvaccinated sperm to the moon!

Quote Originally Posted by LowcountryBuck View Post
    I know that this is true because I run a hospital. I have 98 patients today with COVID in the hospital, and 98% are unvaccinated. 10 are on a ventilator. Youngest is 26. Every one of them regrets not getting the vaccine.

This isn't fear mongering. This isn't some liberal BS democrat talking point. This is real. These people are sick, very sick. Miserable. Forget the scare tactics of I don't trust the government, the data is manipulated, etc. you read on the internet.

I am just telling you straight facts. The hospitalized are unvaccinated, younger people. Our numbers have skyrocketed over the past 3 weeks. We are running a higher census than we ever did during the height of the initial waves last year.

Please strongly consider getting the vaccine if you haven't already.
    As a respiratory therapy student who has been in the hospitals the last few months, I can totally agree with everything said here. It's heartbreaking to hear someone spend their last couple of days on earth regretting not getting a shot that would have saved their life, and then watching them die.
    It was a three dog night, and I ain't got but one dog, me and him both damn near froze.

Quote Originally Posted by DIRTYDUCK View Post
    As a respiratory therapy student who has been in the hospitals the last few months, I can totally agree with everything said here. It's heartbreaking to hear someone spend their last couple of days on earth regretting not getting a shot that would have saved their life, and then watching them die.
    But they don't regret the years of sedentary lifestyle, doughnuts, cookies, cokes, alcohol and cigarettes that caused the co-morbidities and made them an easy target for the virus in the first place?

This is the problem with our society. We want recklessness without consequence and safety with no sacrifice.

Our medical community should be shouting from the tops of these hospitals what processed food and sloth has done to the people under their care. But no. All we get is guilt tripped for avoiding putting things in our bodies we don't need nor want.
    Last edited by Glenn; 07-28-2021 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    But they don't regret the sedentary lifestyle, doughnuts, cookies, cokes, alcohol and cigarettes that caused the co-morbidities and made them an easy target for the virus in the first place?

This is the problem with our society. We want recklessness without consequence and safety with no sacrifice.

Our medical community should be shouting from the tops of these hospitals what processed food and sloth has done to the people under their care. But no. All we get is guilt tripped for avoiding putting things in our bodies we don't need nor want.
    I agree 100%. I got serious about my health last year. I am down 98 pounds. I was morbid obese (I called it death fat). I am now mildly obese. When I lose 35 more I will be normal. Its been a long journey but I embraced it and I am happy I did. I have way more energy. I am back to playing golf and hitting the ball farther than I did in high school. Health is a personal choice for everyone. I now want to help and encourage others to make the same choice.

Quote Originally Posted by CofC Waterfowler View Post
    I agree 100%. I got serious about my health last year. I am down 98 pounds. I was morbid obese (I called it death fat). I am now mildly obese. When I lose 35 more I will be normal. Its been a long journey but I embraced it and I am happy I did. I have way more energy. I am back to playing golf and hitting the ball farther than I did in high school. Health is a personal choice for everyone. I now want to help and encourage others to make the same choice.
    Great job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    But they don't regret the years of sedentary lifestyle, doughnuts, cookies, cokes, alcohol and cigarettes that caused the co-morbidities and made them an easy target for the virus in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by LowcountryBuck View Post
    While COVID is certainly not totally discriminatory to the unhealthy, most of our patients are currently younger, with High BMI, and underlying conditions (Diabetes, Heart Disease, Hypertension, etc. ).
    Why are we being told to vaccinate instead of get healthy and live healthy? Big pharma and big healthcare like the checkbook? My neck-crackin quack made me think the other day, he said big health screams about “preventative care” but really they are all about early detection, preventative care is only controlled by one person and you see them every time you look in the mirror.
    cut\'em