Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hiring drivers

Quote Originally Posted by scmoose View Post
    Met a lemon eater years ago when at MEPS to join the army. Kid literally had 2 1/2 teeth in his head. Army said, not no, but hell no.
    The skoal kills the citric acid
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Relentlous View Post
    Touché brother. My friends look at me weird
    They just don't understand
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Good luck G, seems to be a common problem in this industry. Hope you find some good help to keep those good looking rigs haulin’ wood!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

i see y'all on buildwitts social media stuff sometimes, didn't know you worked for bellwether. y'all seem to run a smooth operation!
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

Good luck. We have 6 lowboys, 2 of which constantly sit due to not being able to keep a warm body behind the wheel.

Don’t even get me started on dump trucks. I quit counting how many sit on our yard once all the crews light out.

The worst part is, if you can even find someone to drive them, they don’t know how to drive! I can’t tell you how many truck drivers we have that can’t even drive a straight drive! Most of our trucks now are automatic, but still…HOW IN THE LITERAL FUCK DO YOU ONTAIN A CDL AND CANT SHIFT GEARS???!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by smitch320 View Post
    Good luck G, seems to be a common problem in this industry. Hope you find some good help to keep those good looking rigs haulin’ wood!
    Quote Originally Posted by TXFowler View Post
    Good luck. We have 6 lowboys, 2 of which constantly sit due to not being able to keep a warm body behind the wheel.

Don’t even get me started on dump trucks. I quit counting how many sit on our yard once all the crews light out.

The worst part is, if you can even find someone to drive them, they don’t know how to drive! I can’t tell you how many truck drivers we have that can’t even drive a straight drive! Most of our trucks now are automatic, but still…HOW IN THE LITERAL FUCK DO YOU ONTAIN A CDL AND CANT SHIFT GEARS???!

Y’all are preaching to the choir. Try finding one that can/will ALSO run a Moffett/Piggyback lift and load and unload sod. I have 9 currently. 7 employees and 2 contract guys. It’s like herding cats…..
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Y’all are preaching to the choir. Try finding one that can/will ALSO run a Moffett/Piggyback lift and load and unload sod. I have 9 currently. 7 employees and 2 contract guys. It’s like herding cats…..
    Did that for a few years before I went into LE, wasn’t a bad job.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian" - Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    I'm a lemon eater. And I'm not ashamed of it
    I bet you don’t have kidney stone problems!

Trucking is the #1 issue that will kill a logging business now. It's a crying shame with the money being offered, often times extra coming out of the logger's pocket that you can't find contractors. Insurance requirements have also killed it trying to find drivers if you own your trucks. One of my guys has 5 on the road, costs him close to $100k each year right out the gate for insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by Fowlmouth30 View Post
    Did that for a few years before I went into LE, wasn’t a bad job.
    What’s your schedule look like? You wanna get back in the saddle?
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

That does sound like a hell of a challenge...
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by ADP View Post
    Trucking is the #1 issue that will kill a logging business now. It's a crying shame with the money being offered, often times extra coming out of the logger's pocket that you can't find contractors. Insurance requirements have also killed it trying to find drivers if you own your trucks. One of my guys has 5 on the road, costs him close to $100k each year right out the gate for insurance.
    We’re facing a crisis. The trucking issues at hand, as well as the lack of young loggers who are willing and want to learn the business entering the workforce.

Insurance premiums, lawyers, unemployment checks, containers, and flat beds

Quote Originally Posted by Lawdog View Post
    Insurance premiums, lawyers, unemployment checks, containers, and flat beds
    Tell it. I’ve got a helluva story I could tell around a fire one night, but not on an open forum.

Ambulance chasing sons of bitches……

Lawyers are the problem for a lot of this crap. Both sides of the aisle but the plaintiffs guys are the scum of the earth. The sob stories about helping people are bullshit, every time I hear it I respond with if you cared so much about them and their situation you would let them keep 90% of the settlement instead of 60-70% after the inflated costs. They usually stammer and tell me how much they are risking, not in this part of the state.
    cut\'em

What’s your schedule look like? You wanna get back in the saddle?
    He ain’t got time,

He’s too busy moving dirt and running water lines for me
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Seems to me its time for some of these boss men to saddle up and get behind the wheel.

oh no you didnt....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by fox View Post
    Seems to me its time for some of these boss men to saddle up and get behind the wheel.
    That's why they are boss men, you promote you headaches.

I know quite a few owners of logging business who drive trucks when they have the time. Unfortunately trucking is what will kill a logging crew. Getting the wood to the deck is no problem but getting it to the mill is a nightmare these days.
    More Ducks, Less People