Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maggie Valley area?

Quote Originally Posted by YoungBuckTX View Post
    Tourist trap.. there are much better options. We stayed outside Boone this week and also hit up Blowing Rock and Linville.
    Can't be no worse than Lake Lure this time of year
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by StrutnBPS View Post
    I did some research into it a while back. Apparently someone bought it to renovate and reopen it, but the estimate was more than they thought it was going to be. So they decided to just let it sit there. I loved it as a kid. One of the few "parks" that I didn't beg my dad to leave after about an hour.
    That timeline has repeated itself several times in the last 10 years. At one point, I think a landslide took out a portion of the road up, so it was cut off completely. Probably a true creepy ghost town now.

Went through Maggie valley on way to Cherokee this week. Stopped and ate at salty dogs. It was stupid crowded. Got to talking with bar tender and she said they had moonshine days this past week. All the moonshiners from tv were up there. Most excitement I’ve seen in Maggie Valley in a while.