Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Edisto

It sucked before then, it just sucks more now.

Totally agree. We should all stay far, far away from there.

No good restaurant's, hot beer, terrible service, the water sucks, fishing sucks, the cops harass people on golf carts, sharks, no putt putt, etc. Back in the good ol days the bridge used to get stuck open regularly, wish it was still there. You name it, no reason to go down. Spread the word.

I had no problems with the old bridge(s) or the trees that the paving crew dodged.

On a side note... It seems that after many, many years of work they finally finished that damn small bridge that has taken forever..... Makes the drive a bit nicer....

Quote Originally Posted by Fireman View Post
    On a side note... It seems that after many, many years of work they finally finished that damn small bridge that has taken forever..... Makes the drive a bit nicer....
    I haven't been down to my lot this year. I figured that thing would never get finished.

Does anyone know what raw land is going for on the island (not the beach)? I am not selling but I have heard some crazy numbers that are probably true based on what real estate is selling for in the trip county area.
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm

Depends on where it is… ours (3rd x2 and 4th row) have not significantly appreciated as it seems structure containing lots are the ones most inflated in price. Plan to hold until required to sell or want to build another house.
    "The best things in life make you sweaty"
    - Edgar Allen Poe

“We need the tonic of wildness...At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us...”
    ― Henry David Thoreau

I have two acres near steamboat not too far down the road from that plantation that is on steamboat creek in the bend of the road. I am going to more than likely build a house there once things get back to "normal" (if that ever happens, but I digress.)
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm