Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1st amendment audits-Videoing LEO on YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    Just because you can doesn’t mean you should. A free society can only survive as long as it holds to certain codes of conduct, not just whether an action is criminal or not.
    I'm more concerned with large groups of people destroying and looting property under the guise of protesting than I am a lone guy walking around a park with an ar. I think that's more of an issue that effects the overall society. But hey feel free to be more vocal on opposing gun rights. To each their own.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Biggie1976 View Post
    The guys are jerks most of the time but 99% of these videos the police are flat ass wrong in what they tell them. You can’t film here or you can’t stand there. It would do all agencies a lot of good to actually make their employees learn the law.

On the flip side if the folks filming are cussing or disrespectful it takes away from tue actual message and makes them look like trash
    Think back on all the simpletons you grew up or crossed paths with early on in life.

Fast forward to today, and those dudes are cops.

It’s true and you know it.

That said - going around provoking them is flat out stupid.

No way in hell, I’d walk around in front of town hall with a gun and a video camera in hopes that I could provoke one into enforcing a non-existent law so that I could put it on YouTube.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

About a week ago, we were driving home when several police cars blew past us. They were closing an intersection on a major highway. We sat there for probably twenty minutes and the line of cars behind us was out of sight. There were several police close enough to hear me so I rolled my window down and asked them why we were stopped. Two of them started screaming like I insulted their mothers. There was about five seconds of verbal diarrhea and then it abruptly stopped. The guy who stopped them, a lieutenant, walked over and told us that there was a drive-by shooting and that there were shell casings all over the road. I asked him why we weren’t being diverted. He gets on his radio and suddenly the load mouths were turning us around, which is what they should have been doing instead of talking shit. I mentioned in parting that “guys like that” don’t do anyone any good. He knew what I meant and he said “they’re actually really good guys” but he’s going to talk to them about their attitudes.

What happens when the lieutenant isn’t there? Hyped up, self righteous assholes, like the losers in this true story, get to run their little shit-show where anything that comes to mind, no matter how contrary to actual law or natural rights, gets imposed on voting, tax paying, citizens.
    Last edited by Fish; 07-25-2021 at 08:53 AM.

I have never had a bad experience with police. One with a Volunteer fireman once.

I have been through 4 license check in 3 weeks. I comply but think it is unconstitutional BS leave me alone unless you see me making a traffic infraction. Liberty >Safety.

Most LE are so accustomed to being recorded nowadays an additional camera isn’t likely to make much difference. When I was assigned to the patrol division I ran a dash and body cam for every call, traffic stop and interaction from the time they were issued. I still run the body cam every possible time. In my experience cameras have exonerated far more officers than they’ve implicated, contrary to what they media may lead you to believe.
    “Get out among the mountains and trees, friend, as soon as you can. They will do more for you than either man or woman could.” Theodore Roosevelt to John Muir after his wife's passing in 1905.

Quote Originally Posted by tjm84 View Post
    Most LE are so accustomed to being recorded nowadays an additional camera isn’t likely to make much difference. When I was assigned to the patrol division I ran a dash and body cam for every call, traffic stop and interaction from the time they were issued. I still run the body cam every possible time. In my experience cameras have exonerated far more officers than they’ve implicated, contrary to what they media may lead you to believe.

Those videos just don’t get released nor go viral.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.