Thread: Assistance Needed: Tri-Toon Trailer

Default Assistance Needed: Tri-Toon Trailer

I am in need of a tri-toon trailer for next weekend. I need to pickup a 25' boat from Wilmington, NC. I would be willing to rent and maybe also interested in purchase following the weekend if the boat is a good fit. I will come to you for pickup and return it to you in the same or better condition. The closer to Florence the better, but with six days to secure one, I will drive most anywhere within reason. Thanks, MG

Also, someone suggested that a regular pontoon trailer will work in a pinch, but I would like a twin axle trailer or at least one with a good gross weight number. Does anyone have experience loading a tri-toon on a twin pontoon trailer? MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

If using in freshwater- any flatbed large enough will carry it fine- we carry work barges, floating docks etc. on them all the time. When I put my flatbed in the salt- we take it to a nearby freshwater landing and dunk it for 20 minutes or so including a couple of up/down the ramp sequences. Been fine for years.

A regular bunk style pontoon trailer would probably be fine- just measure it- the style that the pontoon deck sits on the trailer will not work.

Most pontoons are 8' wide- many tri toons are 8'6" wide

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    If using in freshwater- any flatbed large enough will carry it fine- we carry work barges, floating docks etc. on them all the time. When I put my flatbed in the salt- we take it to a nearby freshwater landing and dunk it for 20 minutes or so including a couple of up/down the ramp sequences. Been fine for years.

A regular bunk style pontoon trailer would probably be fine- just measure it- the style that the pontoon deck sits on the trailer will not work.

Most pontoons are 8' wide- many tri toons are 8'6" wide
    MY backup plan is to take it to a dry stack and have a forklift load it to a flat bed equipment trailer. That trailer alone is 5k so I would rather not do that. Also, would really like to find someone tired of tripping over their trailer that might want to sell too. Thanks, MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

Call Marshall's Marine, they have some trailers that they loan or rent out.

Maggie- I've got a Road King TriToon Trailer you are welcome to borrow. Dual Axle w/Electric Brakes. I may be willing to sell also, but it won't be much less than a new one. I'm in Chapin, so a little drive for you. I can bring it to Columbia next week if that will help. Let me know if interested.

Very nice gesture, Swampdecoy.

Quote Originally Posted by SwampDecoy View Post
    Maggie- I've got a Road King TriToon Trailer you are welcome to borrow. Dual Axle w/Electric Brakes. I may be willing to sell also, but it won't be much less than a new one. I'm in Chapin, so a little drive for you. I can bring it to Columbia next week if that will help. Let me know if interested.
    Fantastic. I will PM you. Thanks MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

Thanks for everyone's input. SwampDecoy got me handled. Thanks MD. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

SwampDecoy is as good a fellow as you will ever meet