Thread: Pond Management

Default Pond Management

I have searched the SCDucks files but couldn't find what I was looking for. I need someone who is in the business of managing a pond. We bought a piece of property with a pond and I want to get some input on cleaning it up. It is in a residential area so managing for ducks is out.

Interested in clearing weeds, possibly increasing depth on one end, and potentially getting it set up for fishing down the road. It is not very big, probably less than 1.5 acres.

Anybody in the business or know who to call?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by scdiver View Post
    I have searched the SCDucks files but couldn't find what I was looking for. I need someone who is in the business of managing a pond. We bought a piece of property with a pond and I want to get some input on cleaning it up. It is in a residential area so managing for ducks is out.

Interested in clearing weeds, possibly increasing depth on one end, and potentially getting it set up for fishing down the road. It is not very big, probably less than 1.5 acres.

Anybody in the business or know who to call?

Thanks for the help in advance.
    Call PLM Pond and Land Management in Georgetown. They can tell you everything you need to know and do most of what you are asking. I used to work for them and they are top notch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Anyone got suggestions on someone in the Upstate that can help with pond design and layout. I have someone to do the work. Is it worth calling Southeastern Pond Management. I fish one of their ponds regularly and it's right.