Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tennesee Ducks

Anyone gonna be hunting in TN this year. Just Curious about maybe Swaping some information. We really got into 'em last season with mostly mallards and gadwall with a few scattered teal. Cant Wait!!!

Bullsprig, we will be hunting TN a bunch this year. Where abouts will y'all be?

JABIII I hunt from North Alabama near Stevenson areas between Chatanooga and Nashville off of I-24. Hunt a mix of places from big, open water to little pothole sloughs and swamps.

How bout y'all? What areas

Right dead in there. We may bump shoulders this year. Look for the SCDUCKS stickers!

Yeah I'll be with Jab. Black truck with SCDUCKS sticker
    More fuel = more boost!!

I just moved to the Knoxville area. I'll be looking between there and Sweetwater.
    Breaking clays<br />makes my day,<br />but eating skeet<br />ain\'t no treat.

i'm sure JAB will take me, too. [img]smile.gif[/img] I'll bring lots of scducks stickers to put on other people's cars to confuse everyone.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Sounds like I'll have a little homestate competition!! We might have to join forces

WOW ya'll are right in the perfect spot to put a poor GI on some ducks. I am at Fort Campbell and only a 30 minute or so drive from Nashville. [img]graemlins/biggrinjester.gif[/img]

101st Airborne
    "Rendezvous With Destiny"

Looks like I may be Sky Ducks new neighbor I will most likely be moving to Knoxville this fall. So I say us SC boys get together and show them Vols how to hunt ducks.
    Kill em all, let the dog sort em out!

Does Ft. Campbell Have any land where hunting is allowed. Which side of Nashville is it on? I am always looking for new places and new people to hunt with. We definateley need to hook up this winter and show those locals how we shoot 'em down in Carolina Country

Fort Campbell is up here in Clarksville, TN but they say we are in Kentucky. Half of the base is in KY and half in TN. It is about 50 or so miles up I-24 from Nashville. Once I get settled in and get my guns and fishing rods up here I am down for whatever. I have to look into the land to hunt on up here but I believe they do because I was researching it on the net before I got here. I'll see what I can find out.

Now dammit JAB...you know there aint no ducks in TN. I've hunted there the past 5 years and seen narry a duck. STAY AWAY FROM TN...THERE ARE NO DUCKS!
    [img]graemlins/flipa.gif[/img]

BanSnake-it turns out that BullSprig goes to school on the Mountain... Reckon we will get to see JPC enter the danger zone when BullSprig starts posting pictures of whacked mallard ducks from some of the old holes??

Now Bansnake... You know I wouldn't give up all my secrets yet...I still might have an ace or two up my sleeve.

BullSprip..Glad to hear that some folks out there on the mtn are tight lipped about their huntin holes. I had the privledge of huntin a couple nice holes before word got out and they were ruined. JAB...if we're lucky enough to see him in the DZ then maybe he'll get on that rope swing.

I know what ya mean. Even over the course of one season I saw some great holes go to seed. As usual on the mountain, word got out and i watched from the bank after dark as flock after flock of ducks came in and some boys I knew were shootin (several nights in a row). I know they couldnot find any of the ducks that were fallin it was so dark. I think that was the only time I had ever wanted "The Man" to show up. Thoses sons of bitches ruined a great roost for the rest of the season. At least those guys didn't get into all my spots. I have got some new ones for this year that are gonna be held even tighter. Now that I have saud my peice, cant wait to bust some ducks

Sounds like BullSprig is the man to put me on some ducks while I am at Fort Campbell. I heard from a guy that has been here a while that the hunting on base is pretty damn good. I just have to figure out the process of getting everything squared away to hunt here and to see if you can have guest and how many.

Sounds like we might need to bust some ducks together this year Huntin Ranger.

I am up am up in TN now, and am gearing up for the 5 day wood duck/ teal season. Got some good areas line up, cant wait to pull that trigger. I have been staying same by bass fishing and a couple dove shoots, but cant wait for the ducks. Hunted three days at home in SC before I left but didn't see anything I wanted to shoot. Passed on a nice 7 and 8, but I'll give em one more year. Hollar at me if your gonna be in TN. I'll have my boat but youll have to sign a gag order before we go.

BullSprig