Thread: RIP Coach Bowden

Default RIP Coach Bowden

We need not only more Coaches like this in the world but more people

RIP Coach Bowden, job well done

I will never forget seeing this one against our Tigers, pissed me off at the time but one hell of a play call

Last edited by tprice; 08-08-2021 at 07:28 AM.

He was a good one.

His actions after the Marshall tragedy say all you need to know about the man...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    His actions after the Marshall tragedy say all you need to know about the man...

I agree

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I don’t know what he did after that and your cryptic post can’t make me look it up.

Prayers for the family.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I don’t know what he did after that and your cryptic post can’t make me look it up.
    I try to help you help yourselves, but you spoonfed bunch of...

Bobby Bowden was coaching at West Vag when in-state rival Marshall University's football team plane crashed killing them and the coaching staff. Bowden rented a helicopter and hovered over the site pissing on the ashes. Wait, wrong story. That was us at Clemson, but without helicopters.

What he did actually do was give the new Marshall football staff every bit of help that he could to get them up and running at a time that even the Marshall BOT wasn't sure that they were even going to carry on with football...

You’re a great American.

I think that is a slur, so I am kneeling just in case...

Haha. Rip. He was fun to hate back when Clemson was 6-6 every year

He was a cool dude. Got to meet him when I worked for Clemson Athletic Grounds when we played them at home. My parents got to meet him the next day during pregame the next day. I got them field passes and specifically told them to stay away from everyone. 5 min later they were eating nachos and talking to Bobby Bowden. He probably needed to get security to get away from them but he didn’t. My dad mentions it every Clemson-FLSt game.
    Last edited by SaltMuck; 08-08-2021 at 02:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

He was a great coach and a greater man. Loved God, America and football. I never had the chance to meet him in person but I've seen him give speeches, coach on the sideline and be as humble as could be in public. Wish there were more like him.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I was a fan of his! I thought he was a solid coach, he told it like it was and could care less if you liked it or not.
    I have no doubt he would not have pandered to or "sold out" with what we have seen in sports over the last few years

FSU vs Miami and also against Florida was game of the year type stuff for over a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by w33kender View Post
    FSU vs Miami and also against Florida was game of the year type stuff for over a decade.

Yep, even if you were not a fan of those 2 schools you would sit down and watch that game, plus throw in OBC and his run at UF and some damn good football in state of Florida back then

Over the years I have seen quite a few of his former players doing interviews and you can see the Fatherly respect they still have to this day for Coach Bowden.

Very impressed with Mark Richt this am, he made no bones about it that BB led him to Christ and forever changed his life

One quote I always laugh at when I hear is when folks ask BB what personal accomplishments he is most proud of in his career. “Well I coached 55 years and never got fired”. True BB
    Last edited by tprice; 08-08-2021 at 03:38 PM.

He was the anti paterno