Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coax cable for power line ??

There is a big coil of that coax cable sitting on Cate Rd Richland County. Its trash.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    and I still get argued with when my statement was 100% correct.

I could've said "coax is the stupidest fucking idea, ever" but whats the point?
    I can get away with things.. containing a level of charm makes it easy. ier. that and my levels of no care. I just enjoy typing things and checking in later in the day to see how they panned out. I won zero money today, and was stung by a wasp in the back of the neck trying to line up a putt.

Did you sink the putt?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

You can use that cable wire but i dont think you will be happy. I would use atleast 5/16 steel cable. If i was only doing two poles, i would put a large eye bolt at the top for wire and one lower for the guy wire. I would get guy wire tight to make sure pole doesnt move when you tighten top wire. Dead end wire on one pole. On the other pole get guy wire tight then On the top eye bolt i would have about a 4 foot piece of wire already attached to eye bolt as a way to secure wire. I would pull the long wire through eye bolt and pull as tight as you can with tractor. (Just watch other pole to make sure guy is holding and pole isnt leaning). After you get wire tight. Take the 4 foot piece and the long wire and hook together with wire clamps. (Poor mans Chinese handcuff). Cut excess wire off or use as an extra guy wire.

Wire

https://www.toolots.com/galvanized-s...-lbs-7x19.html

Wire clamp

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...SABEgIXLPD_BwE

A couple hundred bucks and it will last a long time.
    Last edited by Rem11-87; 07-21-2021 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtemp71 View Post
    You want to do a little horse trading? I’ve got what you need. Trade out some Hunts for my daughter and myself.
    I did this last year with one on here and and never got the horse back. Most are good but some don’t keep their word.

Quote Originally Posted by bearclaw View Post
    I did this last year with one on here and and never got the horse back. Most are good but some don’t keep their word.

Not on here but yes same has happened to me many times(mostly w my teen driving school) , way I look at it is if they can live with it so can I I chalk it up to lesson learned and watch out

But will say this, never had issue with ANYONE on SCD. Even had some great offers for help and materials/products over the years. From the ones I have dealt with on SCD all of been great folks and men of their words

By way I ordered the 1/4” cable , should be here Friday according to UPS.
    Last edited by tprice; 07-22-2021 at 05:07 AM.

The 1/4" span you got is certainly the superior option. Good choice.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

Quote Originally Posted by rp View Post
    There is a big coil of that coax cable sitting on Cate Rd Richland County. Its trash.
    you sure?
    they pulling wifi down that way rfn.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    and I still get argued with when my statement was 100% correct.

I could've said "coax is the stupidest fucking idea, ever" but whats the point?

Hey and I appreciate it thats why I asked. Had no clue if it was a “stupid” idea.

I am a grown man the way you put it is just fine with me LOL

Never done this before
    Last edited by tprice; 07-22-2021 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    Did you sink the putt?

No, actually.. even par on the back, but my front nine was disgusting. I'm taking a day off before I come over to Sumter tomorrow to play.

Beech or the country club?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The old Sunset

Didn't know it was playable again. I sure know they're dumping truckloads of money into it. Hope it turns out nice.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]