Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tesla Semi

Default Tesla Semi

This will bleed into HDs before too long.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/te...-go-production

500 mile range? What you gonna do after lunch everyday?

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    500 mile range? What you gonna do after lunch everyday?
    Pony express braugh. Hop outta that one, and jump in a fresh one.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

They need to come up with a "rack" type concept where trucks and cars can just pull in a station where you can swap out the battery pack. If they want us to start favoring electric vehicles, we can't sit and wait while the battery is getting charged. It has to be more expedient to get back on the road.

What's the dino to carbon credit ratio on these?
    Double Secret Probation Officer

Quote Originally Posted by BullJakeGrappler View Post
    What's the dino to carbon credit ratio on these?
    Selling h is carbon credits is how his commission in the black each quarter

That's gonna be a big fire

But will it still demand detention?

Sand Yahoo’s probably shitting bricks, once these electric vehicles really take off they will find out they should have spent their oil money on future ways to make money, invest in technology (other than WMD ) and grow food in the desert

Probably will not see it in my lifetime (59 in Oct) but you younger folks will see them starving in the damn desert

Nikola is on the same track to have trucks out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    Sand Yahoo’s probably shitting bricks, once these electric vehicles really take off they will find out they should have spent their oil money on future ways to make money, invest in technology (other than WMD ) and grow food in the desert

Probably will not see it in my lifetime (59 in Oct) but you younger folks will see them starving in the damn desert
    Negative, too much oil money made over here too.

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post

The E vehicle transformation is going to take over in the next 5-10 years. Every major automaker is preparing and investing billions in it. We bought a new mini van in May. I told my wife this is probably the last gas car we ever buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That thing is ugly, imagine Cletus Snow driving that abomination in Smokey and the Bandit. The movie just wouldn’t have been the same
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

In 20 years hunting near an interstate will be a quite sit.

Worked on a senior project in 2009 to make noise generators for electric cars. Safety concern for them being too quiet and pedestrians not hearing them. Especially the unfortunate blinds folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    They need to come up with a "rack" type concept where trucks and cars can just pull in a station where you can swap out the battery pack. If they want us to start favoring electric vehicles, we can't sit and wait while the battery is getting charged. It has to be more expedient to get back on the road.
    This is being developed
    “The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.”

Quote Originally Posted by Bownut View Post
    Negative, too much oil money made over here too.

Come back to me in 20 yrs IF I am still around, bet you have a different opinion then

The original release said they would have a 500-mile range and be able to recharge 80% in 30 minutes to run another 400 miles. All of those milages were specified because the law has established maximum over-the-road limits for drivers that these exceed. What we are all missing is that these trucks, while the electric is cool and efficient, were designed for one reason and that is autonomous driving.

These trucks will certainly have humans in them for some time, but much like commercial pilots, they will be mostly for critical functions and be encouraged to not touch much and simply monitor the systems. These trucks talk to each other and other cars (think fog and pile-ups that can be avoided) and are designed to hypermile in an almost train-like configuration. What seems like science fiction today will be no less strange than a microwave oven is to us now. I think 25 years from now we will find it hard to remember when long-haul trucks had human drivers. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

And yet trains still have an engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie Glover View Post
    The original release said they would have a 500-mile range and be able to recharge 80% in 30 minutes to run another 400 miles. All of those milages were specified because the law has established maximum over-the-road limits for drivers that these exceed. What we are all missing is that these trucks, while the electric is cool and efficient, were designed for one reason and that is autonomous driving.

These trucks will certainly have humans in them for some time, but much like commercial pilots, they will be mostly for critical functions and be encouraged to not touch much and simply monitor the systems. These trucks talk to each other and other cars (think fog and pile-ups that can be avoided) and are designed to hypermile in an almost train-like configuration. What seems like science fiction today will be no less strange than a microwave oven is to us now. I think 25 years from now we will find it hard to remember when long-haul trucks had human drivers. MG

We are hitting the convergence of several technologies that will rival when the combustion engine, the assembly line, and the automobile came together. We will have 5G, Starlink, electric vehicles, quantum computing...etc.

I have a two year old son. He will never cut the grass with a gas mower, he may never cut the grass period. Roomba zero turns...N shit