Thread: Anyone hear anything about this ATF change in their classification of iron sights?

Default Anyone hear anything about this ATF change in their classification of iron sights?

Got this in an email the other day...

Ozark Armament

Recently the ATF changed their opinion about how they classify iron sights. Of course, they have not publicly communicated this change of opinion.
    Somehow, they are now classifying iron sights as an “internal component or part” of a firearm, rather than an accessory. Based on this change in classification, they are now requiring specific licensing when shipping & transporting large quantities of iron sights.

Due to this, a large shipment of our products has recently been seized as we did not have said licensing with our shipment because of course, how would anyone know this. We have been shipping tens of thousands of our iron sights for years without issue.

Beyond this, they’re also now asking us to send previously cleared shipments of other products such as scopes back to them for further inspection. We'll have the pleasure of paying them to do so.

We’re not standing idly by. We want our shipment back & what we believe is unjust harassment to end. We are in the process of finding the right attorney, with the right expertise who hates actions like these from the ATF & Customs as much as we do.

If you have any recommendations for attorneys with relevant experience, we are all ears.

We appreciate your business & look forward to continuing to serve you while we work through this.

Best Regards,

Ozark Armament Team
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

I figured you used brass sights. (Rexcraft)

Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

The libs will weaponize any alphabet agency to push their agenda. ATF is probably going to "re-evaluate" damn near every interpretation they have ever made and it won't be favorable for us 2nd Amendment folks.

When did we start allowing the atf to make laws?
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

SHENANIGANS!!!