Thread: KANSAS

ANYONE HERE HUNTED KANSAS MUCH? FRIEND OF MINE IN WICHITA HAS SENT ME SOME ARTICLES TRYING TO GET ME OUT THERE. FOUND SOME GREAT AIRFARE RATES AND WONDERING IF ANYONE HERE KNOWS WHETHER ITS A GOOD SPOT. THEY HAVE HAD BETTER RAINFALL THIS YEAR AND SUPPOSEDLY HAD A GREAT EARLY TEAL SEASON.
    THANKS
    MIKE

I am going the second weekend in November. I will let you know after that. We are going to shoot Pheasant but we are hoping for some ducks in the afternoon.
    You can't argue with stupid people, they drag you down to their level and beat your ass.

Brother and I drove out there in '98 with a 16' Wareagle and 40 yamadog. Had a blast hunting in late Nov. Snowed on us 10 inches, hunted one of those 2000+ acre man made lakes that dot the kansas country side, think it was Webster Lake. Was descent hunting, shot some big ducks and enjoyed the quite morning on the water.

Almost got the truck stuck on the ramp due to compacted snow though! Lesson learned there, scrape the wrap of snow before you back in so you don't pack 'er down and make a nice icy ramp for leaving later!
    Santee116

Have been several times. We hunt SE Kansas, which is better for quail than for pheasant. Last trip we walked up 42 wild bird covies and shot pheasants daily. Several days we even managed pheasant limits. If the birds are down the waterfowling is great, but I always opt to try them in the mornings and hunt upland during the afternoons. Hope to have a very nice, affordable combo hunt package listed in time next fall.
    Visit <a href=\"http://www.getducks.com\" target=\"_blank\">GetDucks.com</a><br /><i><a href=\"http://getducks.com/properties/willow_break.htm\" target=\"_blank\">* Willow Break LLC *</a></i><br />