Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snake Boots

Default Snake Boots

Anybody found a pair that is still waterproof after 2-3 seasons?

I replaced my 35 yr old pair of Gokey Snake boots a few years ago because I had a split develop in the arch area and Gokey could not repair them. I treat them with neatfoot oil and a waterproofer twice a year, never had a problem .
    Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium. -

I prefer liberty with danger, to peace with slavery.

Lacrosse rubber snake boots don’t last more than 2 seasons for me. Leaking at the heel every time.

I’m looking for something new as well.

Lacrosse Grange and don’t be a pansy. Car wrecks, heart attacks and cancer kill people. Not snakes. You’re more apt to die walking to the front porch to get the snake boots you ordered
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Muck. 6 seasons now and not a crack or bad spot on them. Most I ever got out of LaCrosse were 2.

https://www.muckbootcompany.com/prod...ro-snake-brown
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    Lacrosse Grange and don’t be a pansy. Car wrecks, heart attacks and cancer kill people. Not snakes. You’re more apt to die walking to the front porch to get the snake boots you ordered
    How comfortable are those Lacrosse Grange?

I was just about to order a pair for each truck. A crackhead borrowed 2 pairs of muck boots and a pair of Lacrosse snake boots out of my toolbox so I need to replace a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post

I was just about to order a pair for each truck. A crackhead borrowed 2 pairs of muck boots and a pair of Lacrosse snake boots out of my toolbox so I need to replace a few.
    They’re good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

IMO lacrosse arrowhead is far more comfortable than grange. More cushion in the sole.

A friend that kills turkeys in the NC mountains like it’s his job turned me on to hiking boots and gaiters this year and I doubt I ever go back to a tall boot. I paired a set of keen waterproof hikers with some kuiu gaiters this year and I swear it took a full second off my 40y time. Feet didn’t hurt at the end of the day, feet didn’t get hot, stayed dry, etc. Bonus is you can lay the gaiters flat and soak them in permethrin nightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post

Very.

Quote Originally Posted by smitch320 View Post
    They’re good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigerbdog View Post
    Very.
    Thanks fellas

Muck non snake proofs, or Hoka tennis shoes. After this amount of time stepping around and over them, I reckon I'm ahead of the curve. To the OP, Russell's, Gokeys, all the rubber "snake proof" but too heavy or uncomfortable boots. Nothing is snake proof when you are knee deep in water or crawling. Be comfy and watch where you step and set up. My 2 cents.

I have a pair of Lacrosse that are still going strong. They suck when you get in any hilly terrain, work well in coastal plain.

Quote Originally Posted by wiz18 View Post
    IMO lacrosse arrowhead is far more comfortable than grange. More cushion in the sole.

A friend that kills turkeys in the NC mountains like it’s his job turned me on to hiking boots and gaiters this year and I doubt I ever go back to a tall boot. I paired a set of keen waterproof hikers with some kuiu gaiters this year and I swear it took a full second off my 40y time. Feet didn’t hurt at the end of the day, feet didn’t get hot, stayed dry, etc. Bonus is you can lay the gaiters flat and soak them in permethrin nightly.
    Are the gaiters just for bugs and water or do they offer any snake bite protection?

Ive worn Granges from the Everglades to the WY mountains. They are the best combo of comfort and functionality, to me. The only downside I see is that by season’s end (end of May) my feet stink like crazy. The boots darn sure don’t breathe, but they are comfy.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

I applaud you by trying to be a man of the people and holding off Le Chameauing

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I applaud you by trying to be a man of the people and holding off Le Chameauing
    I have considered it

they don't have to be everydays.. there's nothing wrong with it

Le Chameaus are almost the Russell’s of the rubber boot category.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Danner makes a lightweight, comfortable snake boot. I'll be on season 5 and no leaks yet.
    Also made in USA

Interesting stats.

In the United States, 7,000 to 8,000 people are bitten by venomous snakes each year.
    55 percent of people bitten by snakes are male, ages 17 to 27.
    85 percent of bites are to the fingers and hands.
    13 percent of snakebites occur on the feet and legs, rarely above the ankle.
    57 percent of snakebite victims were handling the snake at the time of the bite.
    28 percent of snakebite victims were intoxicated.
    Denim clothing can reduce the amount of venom injected by a snakebite by 60 percent or more.
    On average, five Americans die from snakebites each year.