Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trade-In/New Truck

Paying $3,500 for a truck that’s only 1 year newer doesn’t seem like the greatest deal in the world. Not like you really gain anything

Used to be you lost $3500 in depreciation about 1 min after you bought the truck
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by Duckkiller View Post
    Got the new one before the other new one was in the shop. Did you think of that?
    Yeah cause I’m supposed to assume that your other one went in the shop just within the last week since you bought the new one while this trend has been going on for months. Don’t be such a prick, and don’t get mad at us that you bought a GM.

Quote Originally Posted by fowlshot View Post
    Yeah cause I’m supposed to assume that your other one went in the shop just within the last week since you bought the new one while this trend has been going on for months. Don’t be such a prick, and don’t get mad at us that you bought a GM.
    Oh I’m not mad at all. It is what it is for me. I’ll continue driving GM because I have great service at two different dealerships. Have a great weekend.
    Go Tigers!!!

Just sold my 2013 Lariat with 72k miles on it to a NC dealer for $27,500

Found and jumped on a 2018 STX F150 crew 4wd with 2.7 and 70k miles for 28k

Im not hearing much about people wanting to sell their Toyota trucks in this inflated used market...probably because they are owned by the Japanese and they are poorly made. Yes that's it. Definitely.
    At least I'm housebroken.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Nitz View Post
    Im not hearing much about people wanting to sell their Toyota trucks in this inflated used market...probably because they are owned by the Japanese and they are poorly made. Yes that's it. Definitely.
    Haha- I feel like this pricing nonsense is what us Toyota drivers have always been used to. Don’t buy a POS and it retains some value, what a novel concept!

Quote Originally Posted by britton40 View Post
    I’ve got a 150k on my 2014 tundra. Y’all some non driving men.
    I’ve got 70k on my 19 DuRaMAX

Quote Originally Posted by bitesize View Post
    Haha- I feel like this pricing nonsense is what us Toyota drivers have always been used to. Don’t buy a POS and it retains some value, what a novel concept!
    Had an offer for my 4yr old tundra for basically what I paid for it. Couldn’t find something to replace it thou

I have an 07 Tundra with 165,000 and don't see the need of trading it. It's just getting broke in.

I can’t remember where I read it but it alluded to the used market tanking soon and said it would fall fast. I have no idea though.

The owner of Geralds in Charleston offered me $20k for my 2001 2500hd with 210k on it two months ago. I didn’t sell it. I paid $10k for it 5 years ago and the only thing I’ve really done to it is replace break lines and let KRT level it. Rocker panels are rusted out so that next on the list I suppose. Figure I’ll keep this truck forever.