Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Chene Gear....

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    Jealousy?
    Looks good on no man.

If being a moron puts me into a position to own a place like his, you can throw me into that category any day of the week..

Quote Originally Posted by Quack07 View Post
    If being a moron puts me into a position to own a place like his, you can throw me into that category any day of the week..
    Which one? There's 4 or 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungBuckTX View Post
    Just when we thought boozers ego couldn't get any bigger he goes off and does a photo shoot for waders. This ain't good.
    Instead of paying to shoot a jake, you can buy a pair of waders and take your wife to Halls..

Probably a lot more fulfilling..
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

So as a co-owner of a company making our gear in America, I do know that when Sitka launched their waders, they were USA made and Kokatat was instrumental in the know how. However, they are now imported as well. I'd be curious if the same factory is making these overseas. What we see is high dollar technical stuff essentially is copied overseas like the waterproof zipper deals. We've been seam taping, which believe it or not was at one time considered highly technical and now is done overseas as well. I can tell you at those prices, we could probably make them all day and night with waterproof zippers for probably right at $200-$225 per pair with the finest made in USA Grundens attached to the wader. Made in China I'm guessing based on experience they have $100-$150 in them.
    I'm not knocking them at all, because the capital to bring a new product as specialized as a wader is enormous, but for those curious if your warranty is basically there because you are buying them 3-4 times upfront and they can afford to replace them, the answer is yes.
    If you were wondering if I would ever want to make waders, the answer is no. They are hard to fit, they all leak and people are rough on them, therefore the warranty claims must be enormous. Hence why Cabelas, LL Bean etc. have changed the meaning of "lifetime".
    If anyone has been using these I hope you are enjoying them.

Well put

Buy Chene waders and you will shoot mallards like these dudes. Irrefutable fact
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Buy Chene waders and you will shoot mallards like these dudes. Irrefutable fact
    Nice podcast

Best waders I've ever worn!
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Steelin' Ducks is the KRT of suppressors and such.

Don't care about the waders but that is a bad ass pic.

Yeah the Bronco was a nice touch for sure.
    Not a shabby venue for mallard killing that's fo sho.....
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

The day I pay $1000 for a pair of waders is the day I have more money than sense. Like they say I’ll just go be poor somewhere else.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Good whacking!

Lab, you have little of either. Shut the fuck up.

I’ve got several pairs of waders in the garage. A pair of 3mm waste waders from 15 years ago and a pair of those breathable waders that cost maybe $200. Cabela’s I think. Neither pair have any leaks. I can stay as warm as I need with layers.

I wouldn’t fault someone for paying too much for something like that. I’d be a hypocrite if I did, what with my taste in target shotguns and all. But I know a couple dozen guys who’ve bought banded waders and every one of them regret it. Those waders leak. There is no other metric for waders. And so, banded sucks.

NOW, we’ve got guys who’s identity is wrapped up in duck hunting and by extension a pair of $1,000 waders. Sticker on the back glass and all, these are the guys who receive no payment for their teen spirit but fully support the commercialization of duck hunting. How can I get in a video or make a name for myself and have other people envy me for the ducks I kill? Maybe I’m out of line here. I’ll let you judge it for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Lab, you have little of either. Shut the fuck up.

I’ve got several pairs of waders in the garage. A pair of 3mm waste waders from 15 years ago and a pair of those breathable waders that cost maybe $200. Cabela’s I think. Neither pair have any leaks. I can stay as warm as I need with layers.

I wouldn’t fault someone for paying too much for something like that. I’d be a hypocrite if I did, what with my taste in target shotguns and all. But I know a couple dozen guys who’ve bought banded waders and every one of them regret it. Those waders leak. There is no other metric for waders. And so, banded sucks.

NOW, we’ve got guys who’s identity is wrapped up in duck hunting and by extension a pair of $1,000 waders. Sticker on the back glass and all, these are the guys who receive no payment for their teen spirit but fully support the commercialization of duck hunting. How can I get in a video or make a name for myself and have other people envy me for the ducks I kill? Maybe I’m out of line here. I’ll let you judge it for yourself.
    I can speak for myself, and as it pertains to me, you are out of line. It is a damn good thing that I don’t define myself by duck hunting success, because I suck at it. A sticker did come with my waders, but I threw it away. I certainly don’t receive payment for anything other than selling insurance, but I’ll damn sure show up to hunt the finest green timber in the world, if it means I have to be in a video. Honestly, the reason I bought Chene waders in the first place is that I got this invite, and thought it would be respectful to buy a pair. After all, a trip to be hosted there is priceless to someone who craves green timber mallards.

I am not saying that there aren’t folks exactly like you described, but the two dudes in that picture aren’t on that roster. That, I can assure you. I was specifically asked about these waders, in this thread, before I ever responded. At that point, they were available for sale, and I was one of a very few folks who had put their hands on them. If I sought attention, there would be a post here with all of the pictures from last week. I mean, sure, you could make the point that ANY picture posted on this site is attention seeking, so if that is your point, you are correct.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

I do agree with Fish on the “banded sucks” part of his post.

You guys are gay AF

Default Chene Gear....

I have been privileged in my life to hunt some great private green timber clubs in AR and other places. It’s getting rare to find places that fit that bill, and doubtless in my lifetime, rarer still. Enjoy your time afield Mike. Fine as frogs hair right there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nitro5x6's; 12-19-2021 at 05:14 PM.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by baydog View Post
    I do agree with Fish on the “banded sucks” part of his post.
    Absolutely horrible waders. First set lasted a month. 2nd replacement set lasted about 1.5 months.
    Maybe some wader dude is reading this:
    If you have a product that needs actual testing, send me a pair. I put waders on roughly 130 days a year.
    Cabelas suck. Frogg toggs suck. They all suck. Frogg toggs was the boots. Cracked/dry rot.
    I'm wearing a pair of $100 Kobuk now. First day wearing them was Nov 2nd. I had wet balls about 5 days ago.
    That's actually not shabby(not the wet balls part). About 45 days before seepage.
    I bet in past 10 years I've had at least 8 pairs of waders.

There's an east coast company my buddy is bragging about. He started this year with a brand new pair of breathables. Still water tight. He's as hard on waders as I am. High and Dry they're called.
    Tried ordering, out of stock. $350ish.
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

I can speak for myself, and as it pertains to me, you are out of line. It is a damn good thing that I don’t define myself by duck hunting success, because I suck at it. A sticker did come with my waders, but I threw it away. I certainly don’t receive payment for anything other than selling insurance, but I’ll damn sure show up to hunt the finest green timber in the world, if it means I have to be in a video. Honestly, the reason I bought Chene waders in the first place is that I got this invite, and thought it would be respectful to buy a pair. After all, a trip to be hosted there is priceless to someone who craves green timber mallards.

I am not saying that there aren’t folks exactly like you described, but the two dudes in that picture aren’t on that roster. That, I can assure you. I was specifically asked about these waders, in this thread, before I ever responded. At that point, they were available for sale, and I was one of a very few folks who had put their hands on them. If I sought attention, there would be a post here with all of the pictures from last week. I mean, sure, you could make the point that ANY picture posted on this site is attention seeking, so if that is your point, you are correct.
    Lots of rationalizing there. What I’m looking for here is a simple yes or no. Do you have a sticker on your truck or not, bo.

The only one is the mileage sticker KRT put on when he changed the oil a couple weeks back