Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fisherman arrested for not showing license in Myrtle Beach

Default Fisherman arrested for not showing license in Myrtle Beach

Hmmmmmm
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Some folks make their own life hard.

Why are we paying the government for permission to fish? Think for a couple seconds about how ridiculous that is.

Land of the fees.
    Home of the micro managed.

he has a point. its gonna cost him to make it.

MBPD have been billybadasses for decades.

I am 1-0 against them in Jury trials so they can kiss my ass.

A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

I don’t think town cops have the authority to check fishing licenses. How’s he call in and check if it’s legit?

That ain't the hill I choose to die on
    Last edited by ecu1984; 07-11-2021 at 03:13 PM.

I hope he wins, overreaching cops suck but I expect a judge to side with the cop, I hope he can afford a good lawyer
    Last edited by Frank1; 07-11-2021 at 03:23 PM.

Man I hope he wins.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

I'm curious what the legal authority is. Not only fishing but for hunting. Can a county sheriff roll up on a hunter and demand to see their hunting license?
    Personally, I don't think they have the legal authority to demand this guys fishing license or any other form of ID absent a reasonable suspicion a crime has been committed.

If had to guess in the era of body cams and how shit can get twisted sideways cops are gonna always shout stop resisting as soon as they take you down. Kind of a CYA if everything goes wrong. I’m on the side of the fisherman and what he was trying to do but is sounds like he tried it with the wrong cop and gave that guy a reason to boost his ego a little more. The situation could have been avoided with a little rational dialogue.

I would have showed my license and kept fishing.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    I would have showed my license and kept fishing.
    I would have told him to kiss my ass and kept fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackTom View Post
    I would have told him to kiss my ass and kept fishing.
    I'd rather keep fishing then argue with someone(wrong or right) then eat sand and have to deal with the fallout.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    I'd rather keep fishing then argue with someone(wrong or right) then eat sand and have to deal with the fallout.
    Textbook mentality of how liberties are slowly lost.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

The guy arrested, Derrick Rowland, has posted his version on facebook.... Myrtle Beach Surf Fishing Crew.

It’s a damn fishing license. If Joe Schmo off the street walked up and asked me to see mine, I’d show it to him. Being a dick to try and make a point ain’t worth it. It’s MB, the cop wins unless peckerhead has a good lawyer, then it’s maybe 50/50.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I was raised to respect authority and when I run into a LEO, first responder, or anyone in uniform in public, I always make conversation and thank them for their service. When I was younger and enjoying a saturday at my old dog club, we killed a nice buck right on the highway. In the process of doing so, someone was going too fast around the corner and tried to avoid all the hounds milling in the road and ran slap ass in the ditch. They were ok, but stuck. When at least a half dozen of Dorchester counties finest and 2 hwy patrols got there to assist the tow truck, we were all standing there with guns in hand, throwing a buck on the tailgate, and all talking to one another. Not once did any of them ask to see a hunting license or any other form of ID. Same principle as this situation. It was in a time where life was different. That was also 30 some years ago.

its 2021 now and myrtle beach. Both of which are fucked up beyond repair.