Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dove Season 2021-22

my sunflowers are 6" tall.
    I'm very proud of them.

I planted corn by hand. its germinating. I think it will be ready by november.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    i hate everysingleoneofyall

except maybe sportin and HS if they let me go, too. "just to work the dog"

thanks in advance
    Does anyone know of a new local dentist?? LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never get upset when I have a retriever near me.. You can even point and laugh if you see me miss a bird, like old times. plus, I grill my burgers.

Deerkilla, is that out at Grumpy's? It's looking good

Derkilla, that field is tremendous! Ride by it a couple times a week checking on our projects, should be a lot of fun in a month and a half...

My field looks good after we finally got rain. I'm supplemental feeding them sunflower seeds now as last year. SF's are mature and starting to wilt. Winter wheat from last year still pulling birds in. Will spray,bushhog and burn wheat before season. We're building more hay bale blinds this year. The birds seem to totally ignore them even when place out in the field.

HS, yes, that is Grumpy's. We have been lucky on the rain showers.

Slaya, thanks. We are hoping for some good shoots.

Lookin good fellas

Deerkilla's pics are next level
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

No clue how ours looks, I just pay my dues and leave the planting to someone.

Dad and I could never get on the same page about how to approach the dove field at the farm so we pretty much quit fooling with one of our own.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Nice M. It looks great, I haven't been by there in years. I recognized the shed/barn though, and it looks put together.

Ours should be okay, last year of rotating crops, trying to battle pigweed. Next year the flowers will be back behind fencing. Once deer get a taste for them, it's all over. I've got a month before I'll start getting excited

We've had a slightly different year this year with our flowers. Aside from having a slight battle with the horse nettle and using Bad Habits suggestion on a torch, we have the cleanest field I've had since planting sunflowers. The grain drill I've been using to plant with put entirely too many seeds down though and we have way too many flowers. Surprisingly everything still grew to our normal size and I'll just bushhog some strips through in the weeks leading up to opening day. I'll definitely have a 2 row planter by next year!!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Mighty fine ScoutLover. I hope yall heat up the gunbarrels.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by scoutlover View Post
    We've had a slightly different year this year with our flowers. Aside from having a slight battle with the horse nettle and using Bad Habits suggestion on a torch, we have the cleanest field I've had since planting sunflowers. The grain drill I've been using to plant with put entirely too many seeds down though and we have way too many flowers. Surprisingly everything still grew to our normal size and I'll just bushhog some strips through in the weeks leading up to opening day. I'll definitely have a 2 row planter by next year!!

Put that last pic on Facebook and you can buy a brand new planter of your choosing with the money the soccer moms will give you to let them take pictures in your flowers

Looking good, btw!

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Put that last pic on Facebook and you can buy a brand new planter of your choosing with the money the soccer moms will give you to let them take pictures in your flowers

Looking good, btw!
    Lol!!! I haven't made it down to the other farm in several weeks to see how the ones turned out with your planter in person. The guy who owns it calls me weekly though and seems very happy how they turned out. I haven't forgotten about you and you'll definitely have a spot opening weekend!

Dude, we are not letting all these people across the Southern border for you to have to do that...

Just kidding. Love the whatever it takes attitude. It certainly shows in the finished product that some of you are not futzing around. Happy hunting!

Quote Originally Posted by scoutlover View Post

Dang that's nice- with work and raining like crazy every day- I lost the war against sickle pod . I thought I had that war won 2 years ago- not a single one last year, this year it exploded. Got half burned down already- gotta kill the rest. 6 acres gone to hell.

The 3 week drought after planting really slowed things down. I thought it was going to be a total bust, but the Clearfields still came up and looking stong. My corn did really well too

20210716_093302-01.jpg
    20210716_103842-01.jpg
    20210716_092724-01.jpg

Get that sickle sprayed soon or you'll be like me and have to bushhog 100% of your sunflowers in July.
    Last edited by Sportin' Woodies; 07-17-2021 at 09:44 AM.