Thread: White marlin open boat Sinks

Default White marlin open boat Sinks

Pretty incredible video, lucky for these guys a lot of boats fishing. Says they were fighting a blue one when shit went wrong. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...00003483002985
    059858D5-FCA8-4555-B998-4664B5EA04A8.jpg
    132565E0-7D93-48EC-A94F-C8F32AF6BC38.jpg

Damn. Figured it would be a Paul Mann, but nope...

Wonder what went wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by santee11 View Post
    Wonder what went wrong?
    Most likely a hose clamp on exhaust was corroded and the exhaust came off and filled boat with water.
    I don't belive in miracles, I rely on them.

I'm hearing conflicting stories from my sources. Let me just say that this couldn't have happened to a rustier hose clamp.

Quote Originally Posted by 12341234 View Post
    Most likely a hose clamp on exhaust was corroded and the exhaust came off and filled boat with water.
    helluva assumption but possible
    Most are double or triple clamped and stainless from my experience

And quickly I might add if this is what happened.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

They got a radio feed I can listen to to keep y'all updated?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Hold on now, no talk of "blue suits" or "mouse traps"? You're welcome, Mr. Foots.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    helluva assumption but possible
    Most are double or triple clamped and stainless from my experience
    We replace one or two each year due to corrosion and they break. Lack of maintenance for a year or two and you have yourself a problem. I mean it could of be a cracked through hull, a hose come off a bilge pump etc. but for it to go down that fast and not have a high water alarm alert you to an issue the hole was a large one. Exhaust is pretty much the biggest hole except for having a shaft rip out. But with the boat going in reverse water would be shoved up the exhaust putting extra pressure on the connection to the motor. But unless they do a survey we may never know. It was just an educated guess as to what happened.
    I don't belive in miracles, I rely on them.

Stainless steel is an inherently shitty metal to work with and isn’t that strong, especially band clamps. I break a lot of stainless every year at the fertilizer plant, it will still corrode just not as fast as mild steel. Whatever happened I’m glad those guys got picked up quickly, being on a life raft can’t be easy on the nerves.

We replace one or two each year due to corrosion and they break. Lack of maintenance for a year or two and you have yourself a problem. I mean it could of be a cracked through hull, a hose come off a bilge pump etc. but for it to go down that fast and not have a high water alarm alert you to an issue the hole was a large one. Exhaust is pretty much the biggest hole except for having a shaft rip out. But with the boat going in reverse water would be shoved up the exhaust putting extra pressure on the connection to the motor. But unless they do a survey we may never know. It was just an educated guess as to what happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    Stainless steel is an inherently shitty metal to work with and isn’t that strong, especially band clamps. I break a lot of stainless every year at the fertilizer plant, it will still corrode just not as fast as mild steel. Whatever happened I’m glad those guys got picked up quickly, being on a life raft can’t be easy on the nerves.
    How dare you question your boy's knowledge of anything saltworthy?...heh heh

I agree
    Last edited by ecu1984; 08-03-2021 at 10:16 AM.

First thing saved a cooler full of beer. glad everybody was okay

Doesn’t matter how it happened, the fact all were rescued is all that matters.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013