Thread: 1998th Shout out to KRT

Default 1998th Shout out to KRT

Earlier this year we acquired some vehicles through an inheritance that needed some work, so we knew what to do with them. One was a '04 Yukon with 140k miles and the other was '98 Sierra with 90k Miles. Neither had ran in years as far as we knew, the Yukon in 5 years and the Sierra in 14 years. My interest was peaked in the Sierra since we knew the original owner but the first impressions were not that great where we found it. I knew right away who they needed to go to. This would be my first experience with Kevin, but I wasn't worried because all the great things that I read on here about him and his crew. I contacted him, we set up a drop off time and I loaded them up.

Kevin had me deal with the front of the shop and both of them were jam up the entire way, I wouldn't go a week without hearing from them and a quote to move forward. They didn't hesitate one bit and always answered all the questions I had about the repairs. I can't say enough of how pleased I was with the interactions of not only Kevin through the process, but his front office and the mechanics themselves. He has earned a customer and I won't hesitate one minute to recommend or drive any of my vehicles to him for a repair or opinion on the issue.

The whole process was refreshing and it was great to sit while I waited once to hear the reviews. In the day when we think customer service and general respect for customers is gone, its great to give your money to those that want to earn it and deserve it. I waited once for the Yukon when picking it up and overheard multiple folks praise them after bringing their vehicles in. It was either the other shop couldn't fix it or the wait was weeks out to even have it looked out.

The Yukon was pretty straight forward with the exception of an oil pressure switch and CEL for a code on a knock sensor and it was all taken care of. Like I mentioned a the top, I was really interested in keeping the Sierra as that style was my favorite minus it being 2wd. I knew it would be a great weekend truck as long as it all checked out. I would eventually like to sell my Tundra and pick up a newer Landcruiser, so I needed it to be reliable. We set up a budget and got rolling.
    They went through the whole truck and got it back to great shape. I’ve driven it this past week daily and am still shocked of how good of shape its in and how smooth the ride is. The exhaust guy did a damn good job also.

Hats off to Kevin and his crew at A2Z, no-one should hesitate on taking your vehicles to him.

IMG_4081.JPG
    IMG_3658.JPG
    IMG_3662.JPG
    IMG_3807.JPG
    IMG_4191.JPG
    Last edited by TJ_11; 07-07-2021 at 01:12 PM.

Nice!!

Thank you TJ. I really appreciate your business and all that you have done for us. From referrals, reviews, and cooking the shop a slamming lunch that to the day they still talk about.

We sure have came a long way in 8 years. 8 years ago it was a risk and all that came with me was Tommy. Today I have 12 employees and 2 part time people. I was looking at a second location. 2020 was my best year ever and we’re looking to beat that this year. I’m beyond thankful for everyone’s support on SCDUCKS. We’ve made mistakes and probably ran off a few customers. You can’t please everyone but it’s how you handle your mistakes. We are currently booked out two weeks which is strong.

Thank you everyone…
    Last edited by KRT; 07-07-2021 at 12:57 PM.
    More fuel = more boost!!

So you can't work me in for that train horn this afternoon?

You need a second location on Bluff Road!

Anytime ill drag the cooker up there for you guys.
    IMG_4146.JPG
    IMG_4153.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    You need a second location on Bluff Road!
    You know of a spot?

I thought you were mad at me.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    So you can't work me in for that train horn this afternoon?
    Absolutely, not what you know but who….
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by TJ_11 View Post
    Anytime ill drag the cooker up there for you guys.
    IMG_4146.JPG
    IMG_4153.JPG

Makes my mouth water. Again thank you !!
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    You know of a spot?

I thought you were mad at me.
    Logistics (and traffic) too challenging to get out there for routine stuff. I will still bring anything major out to you and have sent several folks your way. I am about to need tires for my truck and will probably give you a call next week to see how long it will take to get them. I will work on a location for you!

Better than donuts???

Quote Originally Posted by TJ_11 View Post
    I like the way you operate...

My favorite body style truck, get you some new oem style head and signal lights. It will make the truck look even better.

Kelvin lets me borrow his personal ride while his tinkering on my truck. It’s almost worth the cost just to joy ride and run red lights and such in his truck. What he actually works on is like icing on the cake.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Another satisfied customer!

Nice rides.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by SaltMuck View Post
    Kelvin lets me borrow his personal ride while his tinkering on my truck. It’s almost worth the cost just to joy ride and run red lights and such in his truck. What he actually works on is like icing on the cake.
    That’s why I like you my man.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Better than donuts???
    Doughnuts are tough to beat.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by SaltMuck View Post
    Same. He still don't know what all I hauled the couple hours I had it. Good things come to good people, especially those who work hard.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Default 1998th Shout out to KRT

They were working on that truck when I dropped off one Saturday. The guy there told me about what was going on and made me wish I still had mine.

Side note - I was dropping off my work F250 that I knew something wasn’t right in the front end but several shops had told me it was fine locally in Aiken. Finally with vacation coming and time available for me to take the truck to Kevin, I did and when I got it back it’s finally right. I had a good idea the issues but seemed no one wanted to own up and handle it for me.

Wasn’t my money and all i asked was to get it fixed. Guess I’ll just start taking vacation when I need my work truck really fixed.

Been debating on what to do with my ‘05 Duramax as I always do all the work on it myself. Told my wife yesterday that after we get truck the summer on the farm with it, I’m just taking to Kevin and letting him get all the little stuff handled. Ease
    Last edited by buckshot1224; 07-07-2021 at 08:53 PM.
    **2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion**

Genesis 27:3

Thanks buckshot1224 !
    More fuel = more boost!!