Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Trucks?

Default New Trucks?

When do yall see the market dropping back down to where it used to be? I have always driven older trucks but not real sure my old truck is gonna make it much longer. And the way it looks now you can buy a used one for the price of what a new one cost couple years ago.
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

When they get a supply of computer chips. Ford supposedly has thousands of trucks sitting on storage lots waiting on computer chips. Then they have to transport them. I read supply won’t really pick up until 1st-2nd quarter of 2022. But you know how reliable stuff you read on the inter webs is.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

As long as interest rates are low and the banks are handing out money, the prices will remain high. As long as the demand tolerates high prices, high prices are what it will be. I don’t even think half the people out there give a shit about interest rates…all they care about are the monthly payments. Banks keep extending their loan terms that is supporting all this. You can now finance cars for like 8 years! If prices keep climbing and all the banks will do is extend the terms to 9 - 10 years. It’s wild. To answer your question, prices aren’t ever going back to “normal”. Inflation is here. Mayonnaise will never be $3.00 a jar…
    Last edited by Rabbitman09; 07-06-2021 at 09:04 PM.

Yeah I have a standing outright buy offer for my 2013 Lariat with 75k miles of 28k…..from a dealer!

I just can’t stomach the replacement cost now

Quote Originally Posted by jwterry3 View Post
    Yeah I have a standing outright buy offer for my 2013 Lariat with 75k miles of 28k…..from a dealer!

Yo, do you just drive that thing to church on Sundays or something??? The 2013 I bought brand new has 180,000 on it!
    Last edited by Rabbitman09; 07-06-2021 at 09:08 PM.

I have had it for 10k miles or so…prices skytorcketed so I called a few dealers.

I have the 3.5 eco …..long term I worry about turbos and all that….just not interested in paying 35-40k for a v8 2015+

Rabbitman is correct. Except should have read THE Goverment quits giving out money.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I worry about these supposed trucks that have been fully assembled minus the “chips” for 9-12 months. That can’t be good for a new vehicle to sit still for that long.

I’ll prob wait til they start unloading the 2021-22 s on the lots and grab a low mileage 17-18

Been looking for new trucks for the past month. Couldn’t find what I wanted so I said screw it and bought an 89 f-150 4x4 with 110k miles on it for $5k
    "If its better than cold beer and hot pussy it'll probably kill us all" ~ Rebel Son

I’ll prob wait til they start unloading the 2021-22 s on the lots and grab a low mileage 17-18
    Drove to Releigh NC Monday for a car for my son to take to college 2018 with 11,850 miles. Was a lease turn in with clean car fax. Lady wouldn’t go anywhere during 2020 cause of Covid. Wasn’t the cheapest deal but it was exactly what my wanted for school. Driving a 57 Chevy truck to Clemson wasn’t an option

Quote Originally Posted by CantCareSB View Post
    Been looking for new trucks for the past month. Couldn’t find what I wanted so I said screw it and bought an 89 f-150 4x4 with 110k miles on it for $5k
    Older trucks are cooler anyway
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    Older trucks are cooler anyway
    Fact! Thought about you when I picked it up. ‘Ol boy raises currs and fiest
    "If its better than cold beer and hot pussy it'll probably kill us all" ~ Rebel Son

Prices are crazy high. My FIL just passed away & I looked up the value of his 13 single cab F150. CRAZY!

I still swear there is some secret that I don’t know about. I don’t understand how people afford these 80k trucks. I cringe thinking about having to replace mine. An older truck and a civic is my current game plan when the time comes.

I got an offer for my 2017 Tacoma four door TRD Pro for $41k with 50k miles on it. I paid $42k for it, I think.
    Last edited by Geetch; 07-07-2021 at 08:10 AM.

If the market stays like this for a few more months I'm selling my 2018 z71 when I get back from hunting out west in September. I paid $38k in April 2019 when it had 12k miles and can probably get that back out of it. I'll go back to driving my 97 z71 for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by swampknob View Post
    I still swear there is some secret that I don’t know about. I don’t understand how people afford these 80k trucks. I cringe thinking about having to replace mine. An older truck and a civic is my current game plan when the time comes.
    Agreed. I've thought about this several times. I'm not bragging what so ever, but I make a good bit more than the average salary of a white person in the US (according to Google numbers). My wife makes more as well, on her own. We could afford it, but never would we spend over $40k on a vehicle, let alone $70k+, same idea on housing as well except with different numbers in place. If I drive somewhere right now I'm going to pass tons of $40k+ cars on the road no matter if I'm in a rural area or a city center. Either the average earnings are wrong, or a ton of people are living well outside their means ... I always assume it's the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by swampknob View Post
    By secret I guess you mean living beyond their means and up to their eyeballs in debt
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    Agreed. I've thought about this several times. I'm not bragging what so ever, but I make a good bit more than the average salary of a white person in the US (according to Google numbers). My wife makes more as well, on her own. We could afford it, but never would we spend over $40k on a vehicle, let alone $70k+, same idea on housing as well except with different numbers in place. If I drive somewhere right now I'm going to pass tons of $40k+ cars on the road no matter if I'm in a rural area or a city center. Either the average earnings are wrong, or a ton of people are living well outside their means ... I always assume it's the latter.
    You'd be 100% correct. I'm in the financial services world, and 8 out of 10 people live beyond their means. For every $50k plus truck you see on the road only 10-20% of those guys can actually afford it. That doesn't necessarily mean they can't afford the $650/month payment, it just means they're robbing Peter to pay Paul in some fashion (not saving for retirement, don't have health or life insurance, not saving for a rainy day, not supporting their kids/families, etc.)