Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunday Hunting

I’m not poor.. So I don’t care..
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Done.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

I'm against it too. Somewhat because of secondary uses but mostly because one of the few inhibitors to OOS hunters in SC is the Sunday hunting rule. If we forced OOS hunters to have to lottery draw for deer and turkey tags then I'd be more okay with allowing Sunday hunting on WMAs.

That being said, I'm a hunter but still liked taking the kids for a walk in the woods. I chose Sundays because it was safer. It's not only bird-watching Karens that use WMA lands on Sunday.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    Johnny tent sitter couldn’t cut it on public land anyways, stay on that side of the fence.

Some areas have too many people already, would adding a day make this better or worse?

Survey completed.

I like the idea to make going to different parts of the state more appealing to hunt two days instead of one.

What would be the answer for places that are currently two days a week?

All species included? Do we need another day of sky busting every duck within 170 yds?

Quote Originally Posted by FULLCHOKE View Post
    Johnny tent sitter couldn’t cut it on public land anyways, stay on that side of the fence.
    You’re right.. Hard to fan them there too..
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Quote Originally Posted by scdiver View Post
    Do we need another day of sky busting every duck within 170 yds?
    Yes....and sometimes the weather is absolutely perfect for making a duck hunt on Sunday on a WMA.

I see folks running mud boats on Sunday "scouting".....pressure is pressure.
    Last edited by cajunwannabe; 07-06-2021 at 08:11 PM.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    I completed the survey. I’m probably the only one that’s against the Sunday hunting. I just think the animals need a break like any other property that’s half ass managed.
    Half-assed is giving too much credit.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Everyone knows you're an idjit anyway.

Animals need a break. Good grief dude.
    We’ve hunted together before, the last time was actually on a Sunday so obviously I support hunting on Sundays. But serious question, during turkey and deer season would you rag that place 7 days a week all season long?

Or is it mainly the principle of the tax-paying public being able to access state owned land that you’re really rooting for?
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Completed- they left out some very important questions- #1 should non hunting users be required to buy a permit to use the WMA lands for a non hunting purpose- Hell yes they should- the WMA permit shouldn't be a hunting permit- it should be a user permit
    Last edited by Bad Habit; 07-07-2021 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    I'm against it too. Somewhat because of secondary uses but mostly because one of the few inhibitors to OOS hunters in SC is the Sunday hunting rule. If we forced OOS hunters to have to lottery draw for deer and turkey tags then I'd be more okay with allowing Sunday hunting on WMAs.

That being said, I'm a hunter but still liked taking the kids for a walk in the woods. I chose Sundays because it was safer. It's not only bird-watching Karens that use WMA lands on Sunday.
    We got seasons and rotating hunting closures for the other uses- go hiking then- which is probably 75% of the year

Quote Originally Posted by scdiver View Post
    Some areas have too many people already, would adding a day make this better or worse?

Survey completed.

I like the idea to make going to different parts of the state more appealing to hunt two days instead of one.

What would be the answer for places that are currently two days a week?

All species included? Do we need another day of sky busting every duck within 170 yds?
    If you are only allowed to hunt 1 day per week- you be hunting that day come hell or high water, along with everyone else without a M-F option- now if you got 2 days most will still only hunt 1-

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post

And parks- lots of parks totally closed to hunting but open 7 days week for the other stuff

I’m really surprised that people are still in favor of this Sunday ban on public grounds thing. Really blows my mind.

I got an email on the survey and I haven’t had a SC license since 2019, which I thought was kind of odd. But, I’ll be filling her out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

“But I own the land, bo.”
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

I’m on the fence.. I know my wife’s vote however.

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    Can anyone tell me what the color of my skin and my annual income has to do with Sunday hunting?
    if you dont see it, you're part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    ^like him

(this is intended to be a stereotypical joke)
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by quackaddict View Post
    I’m really surprised that people are still in favor of this Sunday ban on public grounds thing. Really blows my mind.
    I'm not. While there are certainly many justifications available, a fair number of us were raised in a house that didnt allow much on sundays, including hunting or fishing. I very clearly remember my father questioning his decision as we went fishing on sunday afternoons. He did NOT let his father know for he would've been disappointed. Its the same reason I still find it odd when I see beer for sale on sundays.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Oh, I shoot the shit out of doves on Sundays. Growing up hunting, and on Sundays we hunted a chunk in Boykin.. We never hunted the opposite side of the river from Bettyneck down, so it felt a little reverent. Pre Hugo, those flats were like a cathedral.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Yes....and sometimes the weather is absolutely perfect for making a duck hunt on Sunday on a WMA.

I see folks running mud boats on Sunday "scouting".....pressure is pressure.
    If we made certain areas of public water and WMAs no motor zones during duck season, you will eliminate those "scouting" that constantly run off birds.

That and limited entry into areas will provide for a better quality of hunt rather than going hunting because you are off work.

I'm fine with adding a day to hunt certain public land, but make it make sense instead of just adding another day because "we pay for it."

I enjoy hunting public land for certain species, other times I avoid it.