Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kudos to the boy

Nice work Mark!
    Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    A man learns a lot about himself in a thicket with a big hog. That dog already knows all he needs to know about himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    I'm over 100 in three trips this year, on the triggers, getting really good and efficient at it.
    Killin it! I got a rule, when we get back, i clean fish, the rest wash the boat. Always done by time they are. Except that time i had 48 "gaffers" to clean. Won't do that again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by buckpro View Post
    Killin it! I got a rule, when we get back, i clean fish, the rest wash the boat. Always done by time they are. Except that time i had 48 "gaffers" to clean. Won't do that again.
    Same here except they finish cleaning before we do these days. I need to take the pressure washer and sprayers from them and give them toothbrushes. We could have caught 100 triggers yesterday but they were mixed in with the pinkies heavy and we'd caught a full limit on those. 40 is my limit on cleaning triggers.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I saw Wolfgang Puck cooking catfish whole gutted, skin on, and saying how dumb people were removing all of that flavor profile. I started trying it with wee ones, and quickly abandoned removing the skin on blues altogether. The only way to fly, but the hillbillies act like you are smearing them with the feces from a San Francisco park...

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    thats awesome
    bring me some filets

how loud is boozer on flat, open seas?
    asking for a friend...
    Filets are by your door. I couldn’t get any to Ralph today, but I put yours in a Camden Country Club cooler. Close enough
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

awesome
    thanks

i'll take the fish and fill the cooler with tomatoes for him
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
    I am sure someone will come along and tell you that you cannot cook a damn potato!
    Thinking smart is not tolerated around here.
    separately? in a beaufort stew? lets not get too carried away...

Damn it

Oh, my bad

That's sweet, thank yall

Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trigger fish is one of my favs. Nice catching

Trigger fish tacos last night. Good goracious

ETA, we rolled strips of the trigger in melted butter, light coat of panko and into the pan.

Wifey makes a “slaw” from the bagged grocery store slaw, diced onion, diced grape maters, diced sweet hot jalapeños from Trader Joe’s (these things are literally the best things on the planet), and Home Team Bama white sauce.

It’s crazy good
    Last edited by trkykilr; 07-02-2021 at 07:23 AM.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

I read 2th's wrong, it's hard to internet and golf. Just freeze some, I don't need a lot. I'll be either in the store or on a tee box after Sunday... 12ish on Wednesday at the club if you want to come over, your other half is staying at his lake house this week over here so we should meet up and play.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I read 2th's wrong, it's hard to internet and golf. Just freeze some, I don't need a lot. I'll be either in the store or on a tee box after Sunday... 12ish on Wednesday at the club if you want to come over, your other half is staying at his lake house this week over here so we should meet up and play.
    Just put a bag up for you. It’ll be Friday. Enjoy your weekend, bud

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    That or a Bubba Blade electric/battery and a 9" stiff blade. My fishing partner/buddy is a fish cleaning machine, he was on the armstrong knife and I was on the Bubba, we made quick work on them. People can talk crap about an electric/auto knife but when you start cleaning 60+ a trip, I'm not worried a bit about being cool or a traditionalist, I'm too tired by that point to care.
    Yeah, I see all the purist talk smack about "wasting meat" with an electric but I grew up using an electric fillet knife on crappie, bass, etc. I can turn and burn on the bliners, triggers, sea bass, etc. and can't for the life of me figure out how I'm wasting anything. It takes me about a 1/4th of the time to do the same thing. Just seems smart to me. Large species still get the regular knife but the hell with filleting all smaller stuff with a regular knife.

Those Queens aren't a shallow fish, ya'll had to do some cranking.
    Great Wx too.

Fried Pinkie Fingers Appetizer last night, and Panko Scamp Grouper for the main dish. Bottom Critters are delicious

Quote Originally Posted by DG34YF View Post
    Those Queens aren't a shallow fish, ya'll had to do some cranking.
    Great Wx too.
    105’
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

all I know is that my boys and I enjoyed our share!

thanks Booz and SaltyDog.

The last of the unfrozen went down yesterday with some skin down grilled mahi. Rubbed in butter with some Rufus Teague fish rub.