Thread: Planting late sweet corn.

Default Planting late sweet corn.

What's the latest you have personally planted sweet corn and did alright? I've planted in June before and had a massive crop.
    I put any vegetable gardening on the back burner this year to get some other projects done while the weather was cool. Finally got a half acre disced up and ready to till. Looking at late July to get seed in.
    The deer lop off my green beans as soon as they leaf out, but a half acre of corn keeps them happy and still leaves plenty for us. Dont have time to put up a fence.

Go for it. I’m about to do a second planting of sweet corn. Just got my second planting of tomatoes in the ground a week ago. Planning on another round of squash as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I can get it tilled, I'll be planting on the ninth, if not it'll be the 23rd or 24th.... I'm a go with it either way.

Ive planted as late as July 9th and done great.

Youll be fine as long as there is ample fertilizer, and rain or irrigation
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

Breaking sweet corn today. Had the right timing with rain and it made great, late corn. Ya'll ever put it in the freezer without blanching? Someone told me to cut the ends off and put in freezer bags. Said it tastes fresh for months.

I took some 250 ears off the cob and packed it in quart bags (no blanch but I usually do) a year ago. It's still great. I'm glad too because I didn't get into the patch my gardener planted this year.
    Last edited by willk; 08-02-2021 at 02:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.