Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Many Saints of Newark

Default The Many Saints of Newark

Sopranos prequel trailer is out. Movie opens on 10/1/21.

Gandolfini's son plays the role of young Tony Soprano. Should be great.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Right on!!
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

I hate going to a movie theater, might have to make an exception for that one.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    I THINK it will open on HBO Max and theaters at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Same here.

I guess theee aters are back open...saw a full parking lot when I drove by Cherrydale Cinemas just the other day..no lie!
    At least I'm housebroken.

Damn. That’s going to be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank1 View Post
    That’s when it’s available for streaming.
    "To the sensitive gunner nothing can equal a bird and a dog and a gun in trilogy."
    George Bird Evans

I'm going to a theater tonight.

Watched a bunch of episodes this past month. Damn, it's a really edgy series. Forgot how violent it was. The episodes with the battle between Tony and Ralph Cifaretto especially so. He was an evil character. Killed his girlfriend and burned up a race horse. The fight in the kitchen was epic . Ralph damn sure deserved his end.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

So did anyone watch it?

Hope to go tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    I'm going to a theater tonight.

Watched a bunch of episodes this past month. Damn, it's a really edgy series. Forgot how violent it was. The episodes with the battle between Tony and Ralph Cifaretto especially so. He was an evil character. Killed his girlfriend and burned up a race horse. The fight in the kitchen was epic . Ralph damn sure deserved his end.
    Ralphie was a piece of shit in that show- was stoked to see him dead.

I need to see this movie
    Last edited by abarill; 10-01-2021 at 09:52 AM.
    Never confuse enthusiasm for capability

They’re all pieces of shit in that show. Lol. Tony murders his cousin and nephew. Pussy murders an Elvis impersonator with a hammer who saw him with his fbi handler. Paulie murders his mother’s acquaintance for the money under her mattress. Christopher hits a waiter in the head with a rock for griping about no tip. Sylvio murdered Adrianna. Furio struck a woman repeatedly for holding out on protection money.

Everybody hates Ralph for killing Tracy and rightfully so but they’re all pieces of shit.

If a person had time and wanted to delve into the complexity of the Sopranos series and all the underlying meanings , innuendoes and backstories on why the characters are so flawed, it would become a fulltime job.

Very well written storyline.

I had a customer in NJ ( he is passed now) who once said when someone brought up the show.. "Sopranos? Pffft, come with me and I will introduce you to some guys who really live like that." This particular guy did prison time in the 60s for shooting his own brother over a " financial disagreement"

I had no interest in meeting Joe the Fish Hook or any of his family. They were definitely mob guys.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by w33kender View Post
    They’re all pieces of shit in that show. Lol. Tony murders his cousin and nephew. Pussy murders an Elvis impersonator with a hammer who saw him with his fbi handler. Paulie murders his mother’s acquaintance for the money under her mattress. Christopher hits a waiter in the head with a rock for griping about no tip. Sylvio murdered Adrianna. Furio struck a woman repeatedly for holding out on protection money.

Everybody hates Ralph for killing Tracy and rightfully so but they’re all pieces of shit.
    Cifaretto was played as if he was the Devil himself. Evil. Maybe more evil than Tony Soprano. God may have struck him down in part when Ralph's own son was impaled by an arrow. Which then forced Ralph into doing some things that later cost him his life. His soul was long gone.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    Cifaretto was played as if he was the Devil himself. Evil. Maybe more evil than Tony Soprano. God may have struck him down in part when Ralph's own son was impaled by an arrow. Which then forced Ralph into doing some things that later cost him his life. His soul was long gone.
    Great acting and writing makes the viewer forget theyre all lost souls. Even Tony is simply conning Dr. Melfi; this is made very clear by the series end. Tony is the devil metaphorically speaking. Handsome, admirable, cunning, and deadly. He takes advantage of two civilian friends from HS for his own gain, lets not forget (Artie and Dave Scutino). Carmela remarked how he changes people who wind up interacting with him, like her cousin Brian the financial advisor.

Very realistic show. Predators always preying, always on the make.

was scanning this link for the new stuff coming on HBO Max
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/he...021/ar-AAP2CBC

and spotted this one

October 11:

We’re Here, Season 2 Premiere (HBO)

Debuting on National Coming Out Day, this season follows renowned drag queens Bob the Drag Queen, Eureka O’Hara and Shangela as they continue their journey spreading love and connection across small-town America, through the art of drag. As the queens recruit local residents from Spartanburg, SC, Temecula, CA, Del Rio, TX, Selma, AL, Evansville, IN, Watertown, SD, Kona, HI, and Grand Junction, CO to participate in one-night-only drag shows, they inspire their “drag daughters” to express their genuine selves in front of their families, friends and communities.