Thread: Fastest ever

Default Fastest ever

Around 8:30 I read Catdaddy's post in the Freshwater Forum. Had Youtube on watching 60 Minutes Australia about the new and sick baby cloning thing that you will be seeing all over your Facebooks soon. Went to make coffee, came back at 8:45 and a video about active target crappie fishing was playing. Their AI is both amazing and terrifying all at once...

I need something that'll warn me when the redhead ducks are about to buzz me from behind...
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

They are a sneaky lot...

Yup. I clicked on the Danner boot link in the recent, SCDuck thread yesterday and all my news and social media threads were filled with Danner ads and pop ups within minutes.

I have a pair of apple air pods that someone left in my truck at some point in time. I have no clue who's they are.

The case and pods have batteries. The case's battery is on the fritz. Wont fully charge.

I keep getting popups for new air pod cases for sale from a variety of vendors. From Instapage's market place to Amazon, to ebay, to web browsing.

I've never once mentioned it or created a search for it.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

I think most of us have realized by this point everything we say is heard by our devices.

The truly scary part is how quickly we accepted it.

I was at lunch after a hunt one day with a friend and my son. My friend and I mentioned an older friend that neither of us had talked to in years (around 10+ years). I got on Facebook later that day, the old friend was at the top of the page as 'people you may know'.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    I was at lunch after a hunt one day with a friend and my son. My friend and I mentioned an older friend that neither of us had talked to in years (around 10+ years). I got on Facebook later that day, the old friend was at the top of the page as 'people you may know'.
    thats messed up

Ha, reminds me of a meme the other day telling fathers to find their spouse's phone when they're not around and start talking to the phone about what you want so they start getting ad's for it. It's funny because it's true...

Mentioned to the wife a few weeks ago that I needed a new shaving kit. Never looked at one on my phone or talked about it after that. No ads popped up for any. Fast forward two weeks, I come home from a work trip and she has bought me an LL Bean kit. Never talked about the brand or anything, just a simple, "Thanks baby". After my phone had been in the vicinity of hers for about 10 minutes, I started getting adds for the EXACT model of shaving kit she bought me and they haven't stopped since.

Not only do our devices listen to us, but they talk to nearby devices too. It's creepy as hell.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

my IT guy put an Alexa up here at the main store last weekend to replace an old radio. I haven't been around one before, but I feel like two things could happen. Either I can make a machine cry, and or guys in black suits will be walking up in here at some point.

We should have some expectation of privacy in our emails, at least. Yet, they scour them for information too. I can't imagine the dollar value that presents to those willing to use it...

I’m sure it’s all perfectly legal, and they even have it written out for you to read in one of those 30 page “Terms and Conditions” documents they require you to sign with your “I Accept” signature before they let you play with their stuff. I think it’s unethical as hell, meanwhile, every one of those tech/social media founders are more than happy to feign some altruistic, man of the people, BS persona. I hope they find themselves stuck on one of the islands that’s going to sink in the next 5 years because of cow farts killing all the polar bears.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    my IT guy put an Alexa up here at the main store last weekend to replace an old radio. I haven't been around one before, but I feel like two things could happen. Either I can make a machine cry, and or guys in black suits will be walking up in here at some point.
    Do yourself a favor and drop it in the deepest part of the lake that you are aware of. Not only are you putting yourself at risk by having it, you are putting your customer's privacy at risk when it interfaces with them and reports back to headquarters...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Do yourself a favor and drop it in the deepest part of the lake that you are aware of. Not only are you putting yourself at risk by having it, you are putting your customer's privacy at risk when it interfaces with them and reports back to headquarters...
    This is the part I don’t understand. I get that you sign away your privacy when you use one of those things, but how is it legal for it to listen other people?

What does "legal" even mean anymore? While typing this I just got a popup notice that they have overturned Bill Cosby's conviction...

tucker carlson ?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.