Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Spirit Airlines

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    It's worth driving to Charlotte to avoid flying out of Myrtle Beach.
    I drive to Asheville to avoid CLT.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodiewacker82 View Post
    I drive to Asheville to avoid CLT.
    Not a bad idea

Why do you fly anyway?
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

DAWN GILBERTSON | USA TODAY | 2 hours ago

Spirit Airlines has been canceling flights around the country due to summer storms, technology outages and staffing shortages.

Spirit Airlines, which has canceled more than 1,300 flights since Sunday as it grapples with a series of issues including tech outages and staffing shortages, on Wednesday said cancellations should ease in the days to come as it reboots its operation.

That day doesn't appear to be Thursday.

The Florida-based carrier has already canceled 349 Thursday flights or 45% of its scheduled flights, as of 6:05 a.m. EDT, according to flight tracker FlightAware.

It will be the fifth consecutive day of frustration for passengers on the budget airline and comes as a busy summer travel weekend looms. Last weekend, the Transportation Security Administration reported screening a pandemic-era record number of individuals.

Spirit canceled more than 400 flights per day, or 60% percent of its operation, on Tuesday and Wednesday alone. Earlier in the week, the airline wasn't the only one struggling. Much larger American Airlines canceled hundreds of flights as it struggled to recover from summer storms in Dallas/Fort Worth, home to its largest hub. American's operations have since stabilized.

Spirit recommends that passengers check their email for updated flight information and says travelers should check flight status before heading to the airport. Those needing help are encouraged to use the new chat function on Spirit's website.

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/5494487001

the walmart of airlines?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.