Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bow shop

Default Bow shop

Where is everyone getting their work done. Usually went to jeffery’s but that place is terrible now. Also when to hunters headquarters in Greenwood and I get tired of having to argue about wanting to shoot a certain thing or way with them. Anyone got any suggestion? Not opposed to driving a little ways.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 06-25-2021 at 10:49 AM.

Buy your own stuff and do it yourself. YouTube and Archery Talk are your friend.

What do you need done?
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

Saluda Archery outside of Easley has done a good job for me.

Ideally that’s what I would like to do just don’t have the funds to get a vise and bow press right now with getting a new bow.

Lloyd Wilson in Fountain Inn. 864-238-6852
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    Ideally that’s what I would like to do just don’t have the funds to get a vise and bow press right now with getting a new bow.
    I get that. Lots of DIY press and vise ideas on the AT. Bow tuning ain't hard. Just gotta start.

You snorting the dust? (If you know then you know)
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by JBK View Post
    I get that. Lots of DIY press and vise ideas on the AT. Bow tuning ain't hard. Just gotta start.

You snorting the dust? (If you know then you know)
    I’m with you and the answer is no, lol. Not all of us are blessed with gorilla arms and 32” draw lengths and pulling 80lbs.

If you want a bowmaster portable press, I’ll make you a smoking deal on one. I used one for a couple of years before I bought my press and it worked good enough to swap strings and tune shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Archery Shack in Anderson. Check out some of the vids on youtube

I've used a ratchet strap and a couple of short pieces of wooden dowel in place of a bow press to replace strings and cables in the field. The bow press brochures will warn you to never, ever, ever do such a thing but it worked and didn't hurt anything.

Quote Originally Posted by turk View Post
    Archery Shack in Anderson. Check out some of the vids on youtube
    I'ver never been there, but I have watched a lot of their videos on YouTube. They seem to be a pretty good shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    I've used a ratchet strap and a couple of short pieces of wooden dowel in place of a bow press to replace strings and cables in the field. The bow press brochures will warn you to never, ever, ever do such a thing but it worked and didn't hurt anything.
    They make pocket bow presses for such a thing. I have been wanting a last chance ez green for a while. I need to just break down and buy it. I have been wanting to learn how to tinker on my own stuff.

what's the latest beef with Jeffrey's? I just cant figure out why they haven't tried to work on their customer service. It seems that the need for a good midlands bow shop would be enough motivation for them....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    what's the latest beef with Jeffrey's? I just cant figure out why they haven't tried to work on their customer service. It seems that the need for a good midlands bow shop would be enough motivation for them....
    Customer service is the gripe as it always is. Opening one is a no go to because you will never get the dealership. Jeffery’s and hunters headquarters are always some of Mathews top sellers. They are not willing to mess with them. It’s the reason jc’s doesn’t sell most brands of bows.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post

As banded_mallard hit on, most bow manufactures have a protection zone for their dealers. The down side is that if you have a bad dealer they still get the protection which keeps a potential good dealer from carrying their product. South Carolina is a Mathews state so if you can't carry Mathews you probably aren't going to make it. Most manufactures also now require a minimum purchase which really hurts the small shops because they can not afford to carry $10,000 worth of bows from five or six different manufactures.

Quote Originally Posted by StrutnBPS View Post
    I'ver never been there, but I have watched a lot of their videos on YouTube. They seem to be a pretty good shop.
    They do seem to be a good shop, but I'd be careful of their strings. I tried them with two different bows and had some peep rotation problems. Lots of people seem to love them, but I wasn't impressed.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

I've had good luck with Center Shot Specialties on Whitehall Rd in Anderson. Used to go to Dwights' in Pendleton, but the last few times I've been by there it looks like he's gone.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

I don't bow hunt but the little bit I've messed with them, Crossroads archery near Summerton was a big help. Owner spent 45 minutes with me on his range giving me pointers and I was only buying a half dozen arrows. He didn't try to sell me anything I didn't need and was as helpful as he could be.
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

Crossroads archery in Summerton. Scott knows his stuff and will get you straight, just don’t believe half of his stories.

3rd on Scott at Crossroads
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan