Thread: 2001 Tundra Value

Default 2001 Tundra Value

I have the opportunity to buy this, I’m considering flipping it. If I had any need for it, I would have already bought it.

I keep up with land cruiser values, not too much on older tundras. It has 169k miles, 4x4 works as should, good interior/leather, paint is a 6/10, runs and drives fine, nothing special but tires are fine, clean title, you can see the rust on the frame, not pictured is the bed and matching camper top.

What’s a price point for this that would have it sell within a week or two in the southeast? Is $6k - $8k reasonable, or too high?

4C8F4C1B-C72C-4DAC-BFC1-7B328E9A060B.jpg

050A4C6B-10C3-407B-9003-157CAC3F936C.jpg

98371D75-475D-4411-B6CF-E7A4540D165A.jpg

AF600AE2-7CC7-4283-B626-578156963AE2.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

That rust....
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Indeed, yet I have killed no Jack Miners today, this month, or this season as our boy DHall has. I am more jealous of his awesome pig of a bird than everyone else combined.

First Peter 5:7 "Cast all your care upon God"

I think you could get that for it right now with the used market the way that it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Wire wheel and some POR15 and it’s good as new

Quote Originally Posted by bitesize View Post
    Wire wheel and some POR15 and it’s good as new
    I thought about that, but honestly, I don't have anywhere close to enough time for even that relatively small project. If I buy this, it's going to Autobell for a $25 car wash/interior clean, and then going on here and Facebook Classifieds. If it will sell for $6k or more, and I don't have to sit on it for months, it's probably worth my time.

Bump for afternoon crowd opinions.

Check and see if the frame is eligible for replacement. I know for a fact some of them were replaced by Toyota with no cost to the owner. I don't know much past that.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

That looks like a nightmare and this is coming from a guy that buys rusty land rovers for a hobby. Plenty of people buy a shit heap like that, rattle can it in black and flip it. There is always some idiot that will buy it and get burned. Not insinuating that’s what you’re going to do, but people do it every day.

If you’re going to fix that the right way, I’d be surprised if you make money. I don’t know the Toyota market, but I just don’t see it.

I don’t see it either. I’ve got an 06 in my driveway that would surprise me if it brought that and it could go to Texas tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

I wouldn't pay over $2k for it. You could probably double your money at that. Probably make a nice hunting rig with some work.

If you ain’t got time to fix a problem, I wouldn’t buy a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

There is no way I would even entertain this more less ask this crowd for advice.
    More fuel = more boost!!

I love threads like this. Really pulls the curtain back on some folks.

Nope. Nope. Nope. Rails may not be that bad, I cant tell, but x-member in front of rear axle is shot, as are the bump stop brackets. Holes drilled in frame flanges for that backyard spare tire mount. Who knows what else forward of all that.

Why is the bed off?

There should be a factory crossmember where that bubba spare tire mount is. If I'm wrong, then Toyota sucks that much more.

I'd put a flatbed on it and run it on the back 30, but I'd never try to sell it without putting more into it than it's worth. And I'm just going off of what little is exposed.