Thread: Deep South heat

Default Deep South heat

Beats the hell out of Pacific Northwest...

It's a dry heat tho.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

In a completely predictable turn, California is asking people not to charge their electric vehicles when they get home because the grid can't take the hit.

EV's comprise, what?, 1% of vehicles and already the grid can't handle it? And they want everyone driving electric...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    In a completely predictable turn, California is asking people not to charge their electric vehicles when they get home because the grid can't take the hit.

EV's comprise, what?, 1% of vehicles and already the grid can't handle it? And they want everyone driving electric...
    Yeah but they got Newsome recalled.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Ive never been to place with only dry heat.Can you still get swamp ass or is it called a different name?

It’s more of a creek crack.

I was thinking gritty groins
    Double Secret Probation Officer

They sell Monkey Butt powder in the areas east of the Cascades too.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Those temps should expedite Cherry harvest.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    Those temps should expedite Cherry harvest.
    You were the first one I thought about when I saw that thing coming. How rare is 115° in the Yakima Valley?

It has been 110 degrees there before. High temps will increase ripening of course, which makes a perfect storm of too many acres, too much ripe fruit and not enough pickers. The districts, elevations and varietals vary across the region. Some are ready now , and the best fruit is harvested late July through August.

Keep in mind, cherries are harvested by hand only. We typically stop harvest when the ambient hits 90. The Cherries get soft, split and the stems pull off. No one likes to buy cherries without stems. The folks with the equipment to do so can and will harvest at night. Portable lighting and scissor lifts... temp swings of 30 degrees are not unusual. Makes it tough to get 10 hours out of labor when it is hot. It's not the best weather conditions by any means.
    Last edited by nitro5x6's; 06-24-2021 at 11:27 AM.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

I'll take humidity over a continuous dry heat any day.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    You were the first one I thought about when I saw that thing coming. How rare is 115° in the Yakima Valley?
    So far the report is - "Too soon to tell" . My group are reporting some increased ripening, but at the stage we are at ( green) damage if any is hard to assess. Probably be internal browning as the cell division and carb/sugar conversion progress is difficult to gauge.

I can confirm 118 degrees for the high at Quincy, WA on Tuesday. That is a record. 10 day forecast - HOT.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Coot_Commander View Post
    Ive never been to place with only dry heat.Can you still get swamp ass or is it called a different name?
    Desert Dooks