Colossians 2:1-8
English Standard Version
2 For I want you to know how great a struggle I have for you and for those at Laodicea and for all who have not seen me face to face, 2 that their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love, to reach all the riches of full assurance of understanding and the knowledge of God's mystery, which is Christ, 3 in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. 4 I say this in order that no one may delude you with plausible arguments. 5 For though I am absent in body, yet I am with you in spirit, rejoicing to see your good order and the firmness of your faith in Christ.

Alive in Christ

6 Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him, 7 rooted and built up in him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving.

8 See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits[a] of the world, and not according to Christ.

A FAITHFUL CHURCH IN AN UNGODLY WORLD

June 21, 2021

Colossians 2:1-8

A church is able to stand firm in Christ when its members walk by faith, not sight. Just as our salvation came through belief rather than feelings, our daily decisions should be made the same way—but this is contrary to the world’s approach.

Society rewards self-assurance and independence, and it relies on what we can see. But Scripture reveals the foolishness of depending solely on our circumstances or other people (Jer. 17:5-6). Instead, our confidence is to be placed in Jesus, and we are to rely on Him. In fact, Proverbs 3:5-6 says we’re not to lean on our own understanding at all.

If the church is to remain faithful, we must get daily spiritual nourishment directly from God’s Word. Through study and application—both individually and corporately—we will learn to be guided by the Lord’s wisdom and to let false doctrine and error “go in one ear and out the other.”

A church body that is knitted together in love, unity, and belief in Jesus will be immovable in the world. Does this describe you and your church? Take a moment to pray for faithful fellowship among believers and for a foundation of strong belief.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk